Just got my new twins gloves?

xjado321

White Belt
Reaction score
I am thinking about returning them... The wrist feels huge, i have to go through this whole odd wrapping system that i have never had to do before and have to have someone there to help me get them on as the wrist will feel like it is going to fall off. Granted i am only 5'3 or 5'4 and weigh about 113. All my other gloves were 12 oz but figured i would get 14 oz to give my sparring buddies a little rest.

Would sending them back and getting them in a 12 oz size make the wrist smaller or no? The gloves feel great and would love to use them i just dont want to have to have someone put them on for me everytime and have them feel like they are going to fall off.

i own some 18 oz twins specials from what i've seen, they do tend to get smaller in the wrist (compared mine to 14oz) but not by much.
id say return them and if they (12oz) still bother you then try using two sets of wraps.

on a sidenote, im going to buy hayabusas next, i like twins but they wore out real quick (about 8 months of 3 times a week) and i got a nasty hole in my right glove which is small but makes it feel like the glove is deflating whenever i land a good punch.
something i havent seen on any of the busas,

Granted i am only 5'3 or 5'4 and weigh about 113. All my other gloves were 12 oz but figured i would get 14 oz to give my sparring buddies a little rest.

No offense, but are you very young or of some ethnicity that tends towards being smaller? I'm literally almost twice your size.

Anyway, I own Twins BGVL-3s in 16oz and to me the wrist section of those are on the smaller end compared to many other Thai brands. I'm sure it would be smaller going from 14s to 12s though.

No offense, but are you very young or of some ethnicity that tends towards being smaller? I'm literally almost twice your size.

You 10' tall and 226lbs? :icon_chee

To the TS, I have the BGVL-3s and the wrists fit me nicely, although I'm bigger than you.

I've only used the Twins 16oz but as mentioned above I thought that the wrist and hand compartment was pretty small & tight relative to other brands. Who'd you buy them from and have you called/contacted them to ask about this issue?

I am fairly young, 15 to be exact so i am no where close to my full size. I haven't put on my wraps yet so i will try those, i don't think it will add too much size to my wrist to make them fit.

Use a second pair of wraps, if necessary and put some additional layers in the wrist area. Since you are still growing, it will work fine, and also give you some additional wrist support.

:icon_chee

You'd have the same problem with Fairtex too unless you do the double wrap thing. You should get King. They have an elastic wraparound before the velcro fastners which make the glove fit tight. They're the official glove for K-1 MAX and suits the smaller guys.

King in the middle here...

are those BGV1 Fairtex gloves on the left? if so, can you post any input on those? im wondering what pair of gloves i should get, and its between the BGV1 vs BGV4. are they on the big, or do they have a tight/snug fit? im 6'0 and about 155-160 pounds, with long skinny fingers ... what ounce glove should i get ?? (i was thinking between 12 or 14, but not sure because im going to be putting handwraps under).

also, can you post some more pics :icon_chee

I am fairly young, 15 to be exact so i am no where close to my full size. I haven't put on my wraps yet so i will try those, i don't think it will add too much size to my wrist to make them fit.

You should always be wrapping. Period. On top of that it will make a difference in the wrist section.

You'd have the same problem with Fairtex too unless you do the double wrap thing. You should get King. They have an elastic wraparound before the velcro fastners which make the glove fit tight. They're the official glove for K-1 MAX and suits the smaller guys.

King in the middle here...

I can really see the wrist difference, thank you, i'll be sure to try those out. Is the wrist smaller on all kings or is it only on a specific glove.

You shouldnt be using those without wraps for wrist support to start with :D

Does King still use the elastic wrist bands? My first pair of Kings had them but my newer pair is all leather. I think its the same with Top King too...

are those BGV1 Fairtex gloves on the left? if so, can you post any input on those? im wondering what pair of gloves i should get, and its between the BGV1 vs BGV4. are they on the big, or do they have a tight/snug fit? im 6'0 and about 155-160 pounds, with long skinny fingers ... what ounce glove should i get ?? (i was thinking between 12 or 14, but not sure because im going to be putting handwraps under).

also, can you post some more pics :icon_chee

Here you go: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f67/fairtex-bgv1-vs-king-kng-kpbgv-132-comparison-1314949/

Back