Just got my boxing shoes stolen..

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by fightingrabbit, Jan 8, 2013.

1. fightingrabbit

fightingrabbit Banned Banned

They were the Nike Lo Pro ones. I really liked them :icon_neut

[​IMG]

If i dont recover them somehow by tomorrow, i'm looking at the Everlast lo or hi top shoes. But first i wanted to see if anyone's ever owned these shoes and how they are. The Nike Lo-Pros had a little bit of ankle support. So now i'm thinking maybe the Everlast Lo-Tops would feel weird with zero ankle support.

[​IMG]

But also that i wouldn't dig the Hi-Tops with all the ankle support. I've never worn Hi-Tops so i'm unclear about how i'd feel about them.

[​IMG]

Anyone have any advice?

2. SkribbLe

SkribbLe Orange Belt

I would stay away from everlast, the adidas boots are more for fighting, the nikes are more for training. So go for another model of nikes

3. RaggleFraggle

RaggleFraggle Yellow Belt

If you've had success with Nikes, why change? I wore Nike takedowns for a long time before switching to Adidas boxing shoes, and they were very good mid cut shoes. My Adidas are lighter and easier to move in, but dont have anywhere near the ankle support of those Nikes.

4. 0vary hugger**

0vary hugger** Banned Banned

They look good.Lock up your next pair of shoes.

5. Marbig

Marbig Brown Belt

Adidas box hogs are solid in both training and competition.

6. fightingrabbit

I personally know everlast products can be shoddy, but what's your reason for it?

I don't know actually. My initial thought was to buy the same nikes and play it safe. But i thought it would give me a reason to try another shoe that i may possibly like even better. Though yeah, purchasing shoes online isn't the best method of trial and error. That's why i came to see if i could get any suggestions to hopefully make an informed decision.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  7. jackjohnson

jackjohnson Orange Belt

The Everlasts look nice but I heard they don't offer much protection

8. SkribbLe

SkribbLe Orange Belt

What's the top budget? I'll find a quality boot if you give me a decent budget.

9. fightingrabbit

I am kind of on a budget. I was looking at no more than 70. IF that. The Nikes i owned are on sale at title for 40 bucks. I might be leaning towards those again, unless you can sell me on something else.

10. SkribbLe

SkribbLe Orange Belt

Okay, what are you looking for in a boot? lightweight? durable? leather? mesh? hi top? I'll see what I could recommend

11. topout

topout Aaron Rubin

Sad subject

12. fightingrabbit

Durable, breathable.

Most off, i'd want them to not restrict movement, allowing me to be agile, nimble, and pivot. It's what i liked about the Nike Lo-pros. They were very sleek and light.

I hear that hi tops give more support but don't allow as much in the way of movement. It's just based on what i've read though. But if there are hi-tops that would allow maximization of footspeed, i'd consider it.

:icon_cry2

I still don't know who would want to take my smelly old shoes

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  13. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

Adidas Box Hogs

14. fightingrabbit

Do you own them? These have been getting some good feedback so far.

On another note, anyone ever try the Nike Machomais?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  15. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

Yes, just read the OP properly this time around though, Ive never tried Nike boots. Can't really tell you how any shoes are going to fit your feet, although the Box Hogs are durable, breathable, and don't restrict movement (as would be the case for any boots we'd recommend) but they're mid cut boots. I don't think high-tops would be a big deal for you either and doubt you'd notice any restricted movement but from what you've said it seems you want low-tops with good ankle support, that are breathable and durable.

So you want Nike Lo Pros again

16. SkribbLe

SkribbLe Orange Belt

Yeah, get the lo pros again. if you want to try new water, get the nike Machomai boots.

as for the box hog boots, they are the most flexible boots I've worn, but the sole wears off very fast. I would assume you're using these for training, so I would go with the nikes. if in the future you want a boot just to fight in, I recommend adidas.

Also, the adidas boots don't stand up straight, so it don't have much ankle support, the machomais have better ankle support in my experience.

17. SkribbLe

SkribbLe Orange Belt

Also, if you go with the machomais, get it from here

http://store.athleteps.com/nike-boxing.html

$80. They look different from the ones titleboxing sells, they look like a newer model. I got a boot from them. its legit.