Just Got: BLACK SAMURAI SIRIUS GI A3

ShadowNINku

SANDBAGGER BELT
@purple
Reaction score
I have trained with a gold weave A3 white Atama and the sleeves shrunk and that makes them look super short already since I have long ass arms and this gi is already on the shorter side with the sleeves for me.

It is already tight (I have big traps and a wide shoulder frame) and I don't know how that will affect my mobility.I hope it does not shrink much since my Atama shrunk quite a bit.

There is not as much loose material on the bottom part as compared to my Atama so It is cut a bit more tapered, it also feels heavy and stays in place

The pants are straight up Canvas and seem huge at the waist and I still haven't tried them out.

The whole one piece of fabric is not too mazing since seems still run at the front horizontally* and at the top of the back horizontally* just not with a line down the middle of the back*

The whole gi top is gold weave fabric instead of top being gold weave and bottom being weak cotton

It is black and I've of a vinegar trick(?) to make it not lose color,should I do it yes or no? Is this gi prone to lots of shrinkage?

They put in a free t shirt with the two competitors after a fight with the winners hand up...too bad its XL but im still wearing it

cool those sirius gis look kind of cool.. I dont like the samurai so much with the Caligraphy on it.... but i mean alot of americans are into looking japanese.. makes them feel like a ninja or something.

I think this spawns alot from us growing up watching chuck noris, jean claude vandam, and teenage mutant ninja turtles...we watched so much of that crap it has become part of our sub-concious.

I am a ninja.....lol
well when i was a kid I was a yellow belt ninja....lol

the mental aspect is defiantely useful

Please let us know what you think after you get to train in it. How is the length on the top. Does it fit good in the stomach, not too much extra fabric? What are your stats? I'm 5'7 around 150 and I have big lats and shoulders for my build so I'm wondering about the mobility like you said.

Most of my body weight is in my legs thanks to the strength and power forums here at sherdog so people guess I weigh 170-180 when I weigh 188-192 height- 5'-10,11" close to being cut, big chest big back big traps , naturally wide shoulders, the length seems a bit small on the smaller side....it is perfect at this point with no shrinking in the future that is...any more shrinkage and its bad

I have one and for the money it's pretty nice but I will take my Mizuno over it anyday. My sleeve seems to be sewn where there is a twist to them and sits strange on my shoulder and arm pits.

makes me look like a ninja.....lol....I am very stiff and the collar is pretty much solid and bothers my neck from how hard it is...maybe it will soften a little after a few washes

the pants are long up to the bottom of my heels but the way that they tie is 100% times better than my atamas no flapping at all

update

top-very soft on the inside, will not rough up your skin if not wearing a rashguard underneath, even when wet,it seems to be breathable and stays pretty light, the top did not cross all the way across from side to side....stiff collar but still able to move around pretty damn well
after 1 wash and the vinegar color set in-> did not shrink much at the arms which is what concerns me the most

looks-black looks awesome of course and the samurai has a cool embroidery (nothing really special it has lots of black areas and really conserves the white threading) on the top back but more importantly the sirius logo with the star and Jiu-Jitsu written in a contemporary font looks really on the gi pants and both sides of the sleeve so overall some flashiness but nothing over the top

pants- nice and big with good ties, not as fluffy in material as my ATAMA pants but more canvassy, nice and a bit baggy

service- I ordered it on a wednesday night around 7-8pm and got it on friday morning
keep in mind that they ship out of mass. and I live in Brooklyn NYC.this is with their standard ground shipping I got a free black jiu jitsu winner descision t-shirt in XL which is a bit big but still a cool $15 value

Back