Just got a Dell xps 13

BJPenn2012

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For what I am going to assume is a pretty good deal. I do not know anything about computers so can someone fill me in a bit about it and can I play games and stuff on it?

You should have done that research before buying it haha. Couldn't tell ya, sorry.

has google... goes to mma forum to ask about tech info for a computer.

I do not know shit about computers there are a few tech savvy people who could fill me in I tried google and can't seem to find my model. Half the shit I read on there I wouldnt understand, theres actually quite a few knowledgable people on this here mma forum.

Dell has gone to shit. You should have bought pretty much any other model of PC in that price range.

Its 8 gigs of ram with a touch screen i7 core its says. I googled it and it looked like all of them said around 1000$ give or take it was practically brand new and I only paid about 320$ for it.

Eh. Don't let everyone get you down. Laptops are never going to be the best for gaming but the specs are fine and you should be able to play most games without any problems and Medium to High settings.

Eh. Don't let everyone get you down. Laptops are never going to be the best for gaming but the specs are fine and you should be able to play most games without any problems and Medium to High settings.

My guess is it only has the integrated graphics chip and not a dedicated card. If that is the case then no it won't run games well at all

Sounds like u got a good deal either way. At worse if it don't play games well flip it

Damn, TS got shit on for no reason at all.

Specs are fine on that laptop, maybe look into an external GPU.

Yep, you got a good deal on it.I have a Dell laptop and a Dell Mini PC.

Am I missing something... people are talking about specs being good but all ive seen is an i7 and 8gb of ram, thats like telling someone you have a car and when they ask for details you say "well it has an engine, and spark plugs"

If it doesnt have a gfx card your gaming will be very limited, that might be a decent price for the setup but if your intention was to play relatively current games it was a waste of money.

If it's got a bad graphics card sell it, I think gpubenchmark is still a website, use that to compare it with other graphics cards on the market

What sets this computer apart from the same type of laptops I can get for like 500 bucks? What makes it so special they can get away with charging such an outrageous price?

What sets this computer apart from the same type of laptops I can get for like 500 bucks? What makes it so special they can get away with charging such an outrageous price?

That's like asking why a Corvette is more expensive than a Civic. Think about it for two seconds and it's pretty obvious.

Explain then, because it isn't obvious to me.

A Corvette is going to be more expensive than the Civic because of what's under the hood. The same thing applies to this Dell you have versus a gaming laptop.

Can you use your Civic to drive? Sure. Is it going to perform well if you decide you want to race? Absolutely not. You're making concessions via the specs to drive the price down. If you want better specs, you're going to pay more.

I just Googled your Dell, and it looks like if you want to game casually, you should be okay. You'll probably still have to lower the specs on most games, and your frame-rate might suck balls even if you do that, but you only paid $320, right?

If gaming is something you want to do more seriously, you're going to have to invest more money. If you decide to do that, make sure you do your research before you buy anything.

Back