Just gave blood, will it be fine to grapple in the morning?

sylva

White Belt
Reaction score
Pretty simple? Just want to know if some of you guys that im sure have given blood think it's going to be fine to grapple in the morning. IT will be more than 12 hours afterwards thanks for the advice.

Eat some food, take a nap and see how it feels. I think a lot of decisions like this is up to the individual themselves.

Foppa21 said:
Eat some food, take a nap and see how it feels. I think a lot of decisions like this is up to the individual themselves.

Eating thing is no problem with me, and i'll go home and take a nap after work and take it easy tonight. And I don't forse a problem, I feel fine now.

Your blood volume will be replaced within a few hours as long as you rest and rehydrate.

The lifespan of a red blood cell is about 3 months. So it will take that long for your body's red blood cell stores to be the exact same as they were right before you gave the blood.
But for healthy people this is not a problem. You can definitely grapple tomorrow, if not immediately after giving blood. You just might feel a little more tired than usual. But it's not dangerous.

I gave blood on Monday and wrestled pretty intensely two hours later. The next day, I boxed and had grappling practice. I felt really tired, but it was probably due to overtraining rather than blood loss. At least I hope so... Don't do what I did and take a break.

I have done that twice, and both times I regretted it. It felt like I was cutting weight even though I wasn't. It goes away after 2 days though. Either that or your body gets used to a lower blood cell count.

I have given blood plenty of times. They always say the same thing: no hard work or exercise for the rest of the day and drink a lot of water.

Back