Just bought Rodrigo Gracie's BJJ NHB book...

RemyR

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Very very impressive, well spent $30. I'm usally not one to comment on these things but I very highly recommend this book. It is styled off of the Gracie's other BJJ books so it is loaded with like 3-5 pictures every page from front to back and goes into great detail. It's broken up into sections and flows very good for a big book, you can find exactly what your looking for pretty quickly.

Thing that impressed me is how he incorporates his BJJ into MMA. Even though he is a Graice he includes stuff in here like setting up soccer kicks and defending against them and such. Even if you're pretty active and fought several times there's still stuff to pick up in this book. A lot of times I would come home from practice and if I had trouble with a certain postion or am looking for more options I'd open the book to a perticular section and look it over. He shows great set-ups to the moves, how to counter them, and what to flow them into, keeping in mind you are getting punched at and looking for openings yourself.

Summary of post: 10/10

Good to hear. I will have to take a look at this.

Looking over it again I really like how much detail he puts into setting stuff up, its like he puts most of the detail into tricking your opponent into falling for subs/sweeps. And also this book is moreso for someone who already has a decent understanding of grappling and NHB, Rodrigo says so himself in the book. It just adds on to what you already know.

$30 is expensive though...

Eddie Bravo's new book is half the price!

I am going to buy that book in the near future its 45 up here in Canada

VampireMonk said:

Bravo's book is also less than half the size and content,and only in B&W.

I have both books,and highly reccomend both.I've improved leaps and bounds after going less than halfway through both books so far.

GO to amazon.com, i got it for 20 bucks. No Holds Barred Fighting:Savage Strikes is also a really goo dbook. Same with Passing the Guard.

codysweet02 said:
GO to amazon.com, i got it for 20 bucks. No Holds Barred Fighting:Savage Strikes is also a really goo dbook. Same with Passing the Guard.

I have all 3 of Mark Hatmaker's No Holds Barred Fighting books.they're pretty good.his next book in the series is on takedowns.

I'm gonna start ordering my books from Amazon.A friend of mine bought Rodrigo's book off there for $20,and I'll make sure to get Rodrigo's next book from there.

Does this edition come with an optional autograph? I'm not an autograph whore but for $30 it's a nice touch.

Guys, BigWords. The greatest site for book commerce on the web, hands down. I just saved you college guys SO MUCH MONEY.

http://bigwords.com/

Someone's selling a new edition of the book for $14.50 on half.com. Shipping is standradized as $2.50 for paperback and $3.50 for hardcover. So from this seller, you're paying $17.30 for the book.

I cringe for the dude who paid $30. But at least he walked out the store with it, no waiting.

bigwords rocks! i use to buy books from that site when i was in college.

I was thinking about going to Rodrigos school on sunrise in Lynbrook .... Anyone have any Info ??

I was checking it out awhile back at the local Barnes & Noble. Its pretty good

wrestlintitan said:
I was thinking about going to Rodrigos school on sunrise in Lynbrook .... Anyone have any Info ??

Rodrigo is not there anymore. The school is now run by Alexandre Soca. He is a Barra Gracie blackbelt and it is a very good school.

Steve

Steve Marino said:
Rodrigo is not there anymore. The school is now run by Alexandre Soca. He is a Barra Gracie blackbelt and it is a very good school.

Steve

oh tighttttt, Soca is awesome, i've seen plenty footage of him.

~Foz

VampireMonk said:

rodrigo is twice as good, so it works out. :D

Back