Just bought a heavy bag

copperhead

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I went last night to Academy Sports and Outdoors and bought a bag. They had an Everlast Nevatear 100lb bag for $68.99 (not on sale). I bought some Everlast bag gloves as well. I did not buy hand wraps, but I was thinking of wearing my lifting gloves (they have a wrist wrap, wraps about 2 1/2 times) underneath for wrist support. I plan to take it easy the first couple weeks and see how my hands and wrists do. The same bag at 9th Street Gym is $109 with free shipping.

copperhead said:
I went last night to Academy Sports and Outdoors and bought a bag. They had an Everlast Nevatear 100lb bag for $68.99 (not on sale). I bought some Everlast bag gloves as well. I did not buy hand wraps, but I was thinking of wearing my lifting gloves (they have a wrist wrap, wraps about 2 1/2 times) underneath for wrist support. I plan to take it easy the first couple weeks and see how my hands and wrists do. The same bag at 9th Street Gym is $109 with free shipping.

Wow that's a great price, but get some wraps

I don't consider myself a really hard hitter, but the more I've practiced on the heavy bag, I've found the only thing that works for me is Mexican-style hand wraps and at least 14oz. gloves.

Anything less, and I pay for it. I tried wraps with MMA gloves once and my hands (and wrists) were almost useless the next day.

Back