Just a quick question

JuLz

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I tried searching but I think i'm pretty retarded because i'd assume someone would've asked this before.

Does coffee speed up or slow down your ****bolism?

There's alot of mixed results that came out of google - some people say it slows because of the caf going into your system, others say it speeds it up because you hit the toilet heaps (apparently people with fast ****bolisms do that).

Just thought i'd ask here and see what you guys think - and if you think coffee is good or bad i'd be interested to hear opinions on it.

Thanks

Julz

Coffee rocks. Trust me.

There's a plethora of threads about it, and it's been discussed ad nauseum here.

• It's a proven ergogenic due to the caffeine content
  • It's no more of an actual diuretic than regular water
  • It speeds gastric motility
  • It's been researched in countless studies proven to reduce various cancer risks
  • It's been proven effective in reducing blood sugar levels due to chlorogenic acid
  • It's been shown to reduce the chances of Parkinson's by up to EIGHTY percent
  • It has extremely high levels of antioxidants
Drink it.

Well Im drinking a large black cup of Dunkin Donuts right now....so I agree :D

like anything, in moderation coffee is fine. im trying to bulk up so i hope it doesnt speed it up

Coffee is freakin' awesome. Just don't be drinking those 400 calorie foo-foo drinks from Starbucks.

Coffee rocks. Trust me.

There's a plethora of threads about it, and it's been discussed ad nauseum here.

• It's a proven ergogenic due to the caffeine content
  • It's no more of an actual diuretic than regular water
  • It speeds gastric motility
  • It's been researched in countless studies proven to reduce various cancer risks
  • It's been proven effective in reducing blood sugar levels due to chlorogenic acid
  • It's been shown to reduce the chances of Parkinson's by up to EIGHTY percent
  • It has extremely high levels of antioxidants
Drink it.

How often? I know people who drink it multiple times a day, and if they don't have it, they suck at life...

I've often thought about a cup of black organic good stuff in the AM, but I would hate to become dependent...

I don't drink it at all, currently.

How often?

How often, as in, how many cups/day? As with anything, a person can go overboard. If you're looking for the preWO stim effects, timing and dosage is everything.

There's no point in drinking it by the gallon all day long, and 1) massively decreasing your sensetivity, and 2) burning holes into your adrenal glands and frying your neurons from overuse. Ok, I'm kidding about that, but you get my point.

Personally, I drink 2, maybe 3 cups before a workout; if I'm on an off-day (like today), I may have 1 or 2 in the morning. That's it. Anytime after noon it's strictly green or rooibos tea.

coffee definitely speeds up your ****bolism, not by a great deal but it does. spicyness is said to do the same.

but if you're really trying to increase your ****bolism, start running. nothing else works better.

How often, as in, how many cups/day? As with anything, a person can go overboard. If you're looking for the preWO stim effects, timing and dosage is everything.

There's no point in drinking it by the gallon all day long, and 1) massively decreasing your sensetivity, and 2) burning holes into your adrenal glands and frying your neurons from overuse. Ok, I'm kidding about that, but you get my point.

Personally, I drink 2, maybe 3 cups before a workout; if I'm on an off-day (like today), I may have 1 or 2 in the morning. That's it. Anytime after noon it's strictly green or rooibos tea.

I was thinking more for the health benefits and perhaps a brief morning pick me up that won't end in a crash...

I assume a cup of black stuff early in the morning with breakfast would be a nice boost, but would tollerance build to a point where that 1 cup no longer does anything, and w/out it there are headaches/lethargy/etc?

I imagine it largely varies individual to individual.

I imagine it largely varies individual to individual.

That's pretty much it; just including organic coffee in your diet means you're going to reap the health benefits.

As far as tolerance, one needs to experiment to find that out for themselves. I drink it everyday, yet I don't build a tolerance. I switch up my preWO stack frequently, though. Some days it's just coffee, other days it's the whole coffee/b50/lecithin, with an additional 200mg tab of caffeine thrown in.

Back