Jussier Formiga is one of the most underrated fighters ever

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
if not the most underrated

in his prime he only lost decisively to prime Dodson, prime JoeB whos prolly the best fighter ever to not win a title and Cejudo. Henry fight was split which it shouldnt have been but it was competitive throughout

Formiga "lost" to Borg but it was a bad decision IMO.

14 years into his career and nearing the end he beat current Bellator BW champ Sergio Pettis and current UFC FLW champ Deveison Figueierdo b2b. Hes still the only fighter to beat Figgy

stellar resume too. Hes beat

Kojima
Pantoja
Mamoru
Jorgenson
Martinez
Cariaso
Makovsky
Reis
Ortiz
Nguyen
Sergio
Fig

he never got his due but he was basically the Assuncao of flyweight. Highly skillful allaround fighter borderline champ level skills but he didnt have the physicality or athleticism to be a dominant fighter

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_p3zql6ABhI1rofocqo1_500.gif

SleepyAlertItaliangreyhound-size_restricted.gif

I think Figgy took that fight injured. His leg was compromised but he said he needed the money cuz he was poor

He was the #1 FLW at one point until Uncle Creepy beat him.
Everyone that beat him (Dodson, Joe B 2x, Cejudo, Borg. Perez) went on to fight for the belt immediately after except for Moreno who had one more fight until the title shot. He's the ultimate title challenger gatekeeper.

Last edited:
if not the most underrated

in his prime he only lost decisively to prime Dodson, prime JoeB whos prolly the best fighter ever to not win a title and Cejudo. Henry fight was split which it shouldnt have been but it was competitive throughout

Formiga "lost" to Borg but it was a bad decision IMO.

14 years into his career and nearing the end he beat current Bellator BW champ Sergio Pettis and current UFC FLW champ Deveison Figueierdo b2b. Hes still the only fighter to beat Figgy

stellar resume too. Hes beat

Kojima
Pantoja
Mamoru
Jorgenson
Martinez
Cariaso
Makovsky
Reis
Ortiz
Nguyen
Sergio
Fig

he never got his due but he was basically the Assuncao of flyweight. Highly skillful allaround fighter borderline champ level skills but he didnt have the physicality or athleticism to be a dominant fighter

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_p3zql6ABhI1rofocqo1_500.gif

SleepyAlertItaliangreyhound-size_restricted.gif
Moreno won Figgy too. And he should be ashamed of himself for being knocked out by kick on a leg.

This thread is getting juicier and juicier by the minute!

Yeah he really was a great fighter overall. One of the few top flyweights who made it as a top-5 guy despite not having top flyweight speed. That JoeyB TKO was the end of him though unfortunately

He was the #1 FLW at one point until Uncle Creepy beat him.
Everyone that beat him (Dodson, Joe B 2x, Cejudo, Borg) went on to fight for the belt immediately after except for Moreno who had one more fight until the title shot. He's the ultimate title challenger gatekeeper.
I remember watching him lose to Uncle Creepy too and was just blown away at how he had a good stylistic matchup for him and he fucking blew it.

Streamed on Sherdog too lmao

Yeah. It's a little annoying that they let him go but keep women on a 4 fight losing streak who win one then lose 2 at best. Fly was so weak I thought he deserves a little leeway. Hopefully he got offered more money elsewhere because it doesn't make sense for the UFC to not want him despite his losing streak.

I think most people rate him quite highly. He was an elite guy for a very long time who just unfortunately lost his most crucial fights. I'd have him as an all time top 5 flyweight probably.

Back