• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Junior Dos Santos thinks Mark Hunt is a better striker than Overeem

Junior dos Santos:
I listen to music online - no albums in particular but I like Katy Perry, Adele, I like Carly Rae Jepsen

Junior dos Santos:
I listen to music online - no albums in particular but I like Katy Perry, Adele, I like Carly Rae Jensen

JDS, I am disappoint LOL

Well they both won the K1 Grand Prix , the difference is I don't see Hunt underestimating an opponent the way Overeem did to Bigfoot

Well they both won the K1 Grand Prix , the difference is I don't see Hunt underestimating an opponent the way Overeem did to Bigfoot

hunt won a much more difficult GP

just like how overeems was harder than the one that crocop just won

Yeah and his was like a Cinderella run, no one expected him to come out on top, used to have ESPN international they gave that upset run some good coverage back in the day.

They both have high level striking but Hunt has the chin to back it up so I could see why he'd say that

Its pretty close but once you factor in chin and recovery, hunts striking is easily better.

He is certainly a better boxer, and much more durable, mentally and physically.

I was a big LeBanner fan back at that time. And you know i was sure he would win the GP. How should he lose against this fat little guy? I was wrong, very wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

You need to look at the circumstances under which Overeem won it.

He outweighed Spong by some 40 pounds(and still lost the first round when Spong was still fresh)

0.jpg

Saki had a broken arm and quit in the 1st round
And Aerts was done after the fight with Schilt and was a century old.

Overeem basically had one fight and that was against Spong. Saki had a broken arm and couldn't fight and Aerts was completely done and couldn't fight either.

Hunto KOd prime LeBanner(who was on a 12 fight win streak)
Went through a war with prime Leko
And finally beat Filho in a 4 round decision

Hunt's run was far more impressive.

No kidding. I guess the lesson is this: if you get finished on your feet against guys like Mir, Shaub and Gonzaga, you better go to the modern K-1, where the striking competiton is easier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mma_training
Back