Jumping Teep Kick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was playing EA MMA video game and they got this kick on it called a teep kick. If you play the game, it's just basically a pushing front kick which in reality can be a very devastating kick. Then I've always fooled around attempting Lyoto's Craine Kick that Seagal thought him after the Couture fight. I mixed that technique with a teep kick in which I throw my knee up close to my chest as I'm pushing the leg out with maximum impact. The results were devastating and very impactful. I try to do it fast too so it can't be telegraphed and execute it off of my front leg in southpaw and use the back leg for momentum purposes as the movement begins off of the back leg and finishes with the kick coming from the front leg.

Stephen segal shamelessly self promoting again. Tut tut

Dont know if this was a troll job or not, but I am curious if anyone has any opinions on this type of kick. I was taught to do it this way, but with a pendulum motion of the legs, not jumping, or skipping. We were taught not to raise our elevation, (ceiling two inches above your head), and landed with the heel.
I also saw a "critique my bagwork" vid a couple weeks ago where the guy was doing it, but with more of a jump or skip into the kick.

Does anyone else use this kick?
Pros, Cons, Set ups, Counters?

Dont know if this was a troll job or not, but I am curious if anyone has any opinions on this type of kick. I was taught to do it this way, but with a pendulum motion of the legs, not jumping, or skipping. We were taught not to raise our elevation, (ceiling two inches above your head), and landed with the heel.
I also saw a "critique my bagwork" vid a couple weeks ago where the guy was doing it, but with more of a jump or skip into the kick.

yes, i'm pretty sure i've seen ralph macchio use it

I just got an idea, it worked really good and I wanted to share it with people any way I possibly could. I didn't start this thread for any other reason than that. Didn't start it to get people telling me the kick doesn't work, I don't know anything, kick is awesome, etc. etc. Just started this thread to raise awareness of a kick I created.

Congratulations on creating such an impactful kick

So tell me, does EA MMA help you achieve your black belt in Muay Thai as well?

I was playing EA MMA video game and they got this kick on it called a teep kick. If you play the game, it's just basically a pushing front kick which in reality can be a very devastating kick. Then I've always fooled around attempting Lyoto's Craine Kick that Seagal thought him after the Couture fight. I mixed that technique with a teep kick in which I throw my knee up close to my chest as I'm pushing the leg out with maximum impact. The results were devastating and very impactful. I try to do it fast too so it can't be telegraphed and execute it off of my front leg in southpaw and use the back leg for momentum purposes as the movement begins off of the back leg and finishes with the kick coming from the front leg.

Sounds like a basic skipping or jump TKD front thrust kick.

I prefer the jumping switch teep as used by Saenchai
Shown at 1:16 and 2:30

It's called Gradod teep throng and is used in muay boran :)

^ What the Saenchai version or the TS?

Was it something like what Condit to Rory?

tumblr_mc27khmaYr1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

yes it's like with Condit did to Rory and what Saenchi does in the video. some of my dudes at my gym are pretty good at it.

Back