Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. reportedly closing in on deal to face Badou Jack

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/2/1...ortedly-closing-in-on-deal-to-face-badou-jack

Chavez Jr told ESPN Deportes: "They are still negotiating; it seems things are going well. Perhaps in the next few days they will confirm the fight.

"They tell me they are missing a few details but it seems they are close, but there is nothing official so far and I do not want to look too far ahead."

Of course, as is usually the case with Chavez Jr., weight will be the main focus of this potential fight. If he's going to contend for Jack's WBC super middleweight title, he's going to have to get back down to 168lbs -- something far from a sure thing given Jr.'s history. Simply put, discipline has never been his strongest attribute and Jr. hasn't made 168lbs since his rematch with Brian Vera in early 2014.

But new trainer Robert Garcia, who also doesn't have the greatest track record with his fighters making weight, says he and Jr. have already begun training in anticipation of the Jack fight being finalized for the end April, giving them what he feels will be adequate time to get in proper shape. Specifically, Garcia told FightHype:

"[Chavez Jr] is already in camp. He's already training. He's in a house in Big Bear where there's nothing to do, and he only eats what the cook feeds him. So that's going to be a big advantage there.

"The plan is to be up in Big Bear and lose as much weight as he can for the first three or four weeks. Remember, the fight won't be until the end of April, so we got a good three months."

Reported for repeated thread. My uncle works at sherdog, so consider yourself lifetime IP banned.

Someone's panties are on backwards.

Back