Julianna Pena Vs Ronda Rousey - Who Wins?

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've always thought Julianna could beat Ronda ever since I watched her fights on the Ultimate Fighter. She comes out with wild punches at the beginning of the fight and I don't think Ronda would be able to handle a flurry of punches. Julianna's not a great striker but the sheer volume of strikes she can output without gassing is incredible. She has great wrestling so I think she could hang with Ronda if the fight went to the ground and she can fight well off of her back. Also, she may have the strength advantage and she definitely has better cardio.

What do you guys think?

I think Juliana's striking is so bad it makes Ronda's look almost mediocre. Really do not see a way for her to win this unless Holm truly took Ronda's soul.

I really don't see Pena hurting Rousey unless she grows a beanbag.

I hope they book it. Would be a big fight (with the TUF storyline) and it's a guarantee Ronda won't get hurt, win or lose.

Winner fights Amanda Nunes or Val Shevschenko for the belch

Post-USADA, post-headkick Honda may not be up to snuff.

Rousey snaps Pena's arm off in the first and I'll enjoy every minute.

Pena retires Rousey but destroys her knee in the process and also retires.

Pena is a sloppy brawler which are the kind of fighters Ronda beats.

Running at Ronda with wild punches pretty much guarantees a clinch, Judo throw, and armbar win for Ronda. You don't beat Ronda by running at her, you need to play keep-away and hit her from the outside until she starts slowing down.

Ronda would defeat Pena with surprising ease. Pena has poor form on the feet and is not a powerful striker. She gets her takedowns from in close using body locks and trips. If she clinches with Ronda she'll be thrown on her neck.

Ronda would put another first round finish by broken arm on her record.

Motivated Ronda would armbar Pena in 3 mins or less.

Unsure if motivated or suicidal Ronda will show up.

I've always thought Julianna could beat Ronda ever since I watched her fights on the Ultimate Fighter. She comes out with wild punches at the beginning of the fight and I don't think Ronda would be able to handle a flurry of punches.

I don't count Peña out but we've certainly seen Rousey handle flurries of punches early in her fights quite competently.

Styles make fights. It takes a talented striker with high clinch iq to beat rondas style imo. Pena would play right into her game.

Back