• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Julianna Pena & Amanda Nunes confirmed as TUF coaches: Women's 125 & Men's 265 contestants announced

Can't say I recognize any names on this one, except Usman. I think @Hellowhosthat would likely have info on the cast.

Why is Bobby Maximus in though? He's 43 and 5 - 4 ?
Bartling and Heiderman are very good and wrestle heavy. Pauga is good as well but a LHW who is just not cutting at HW

Added ESPN MMA interview to main post

200w.gif

HW has a few guys, better than the 2-1 women they seem to fill out the season with.

Cant imagine much talent is willing to do TUF anymore with the contender series going.

I still watch cause I've watched them all but they really should just end this now that they are reaching a nice round number in seasons, make it the last.

PFL I guess let Usman go after one fight, that kind of tells you alot. He was kind of hyped coming into the HW season and then one and done.

Is there a book open on what episode Julianna is gonna have the brilliant idea vy herself of brining in Valentina?

Seems like it will be a terrible season. Amanda has negative charisma. Maybe they will go the route of promoting her to all the 'Mom-Dads' out there. She is a really nice person and very successful. I guess she's a role model for the 'Mom-Dads'?

Because none of them can beat Chookagian, let alone hope to stand a chance in hell against Valentina. They're nowhere near as good as the strawweights. I agree on 135 needing new fighters more though.

And TUF won't fix that. They'll get a few B and mostly D level fighters out of it to fill in the early prelims, I very much doubt there's someone with contender potential floating around unsigned right now.

TS has just updated his post with a list of the fighters. They're all low level early prelim filler, it's even worse than I thought it would be. None of them have a shot at breaking the top 10 and I doubt any of them will ever make it into the rankings.

Thoughts on that cast list?

The average age of the HW’s is approximately 31 years old. This proves that Dana is not trying to build the roster by signing young prospects.

Basically the exact opposite of the NFL draft. Glad to see an attempt, but I wouldn’t call this a rejuvenation by any stretch of the word.

Titan FC had to really baby Usman to get his record up like that - then he went to PFL and bombed.

I'd need to see BIG improvements from him to justify any hype.
Yea I think he like a lot of heavyweights think they can just rely on landing a shot. Look at a guy like Lesnar nearly zero striking experience but amazing amatuer wrestling background. Not to mention the physical abilities. He did pretty dang good. Or Roy Nelson legit BJJ black belt and a chin to go with it. It takes more than just being a big guy and thinking you can knock people out. Especially when you have zero cardio and cant take one punch

Because of the women? There have been female TUF seasons before
If WMMA was a legit product, they would be able to sustain their own league/organization. It's not. It is a sjw project that is carried by the things people actually want to see.

Stopped watching The Underpaid Fighter at season 14..

Thoughts on that cast list?

Some very interesting prospects at HW. Bartling, Heiderman and Pauga especially. I'd have to think Bartling is the favorite.

Usman is pretty good, but super boring.

For the women, Brogan Walker is pretty good, Paprocki is alright, but I'd say the favorite would be Helen Peralta. Her boxing is fantastic and she's athletic and aggressive. She'll be a fan favorite too.

Yea I think he like a lot of heavyweights think they can just rely on landing a shot. Look at a guy like Lesnar nearly zero striking experience but amazing amatuer wrestling background. Not to mention the physical abilities. He did pretty dang good. Or Roy Nelson legit BJJ black belt and a chin to go with it. It takes more than just being a big guy and thinking you can knock people out. Especially when you have zero cardio and cant take one punch

That’s pretty young for MMA heavyweights

Back