judo in columbus, ohio??

sarge

White Belt
Reaction score
Looking for a place to train judo in Columbus, Ohio. I already do bjj and am happy with my school but I would like to train judo a couple of times a week to work on throws/takedowns. Thanks for any info.

They offer classes at OSU dotn they? Also do they have judo at Bo Kimleys place?

I can't get into the OSU club, not a student. As far as I know Kimly just teaches traditional Ju Jutsu.

They dont have non-credit classes at OSU? I was on there website an it said something like 'we cordially invite anyone who wants to train with us to do so' or something liek that

Man, you have to buy a membership to the rec center first, as a non student it's alot more expensive. On top of that, you have to pay for the judo classes. Also you have to get someone in the club to sponsor you for a membership. It all ends up being pretty fucking expensive and a big hassle. I can't afford all of that on top of my bjj dues.

sarge said:
Man, you have to buy a membership to the rec center first, as a non student it's alot more expensive. On top of that, you have to pay for the judo classes. Also you have to get someone in the club to sponsor you for a membership. It all ends up being pretty fucking expensive and a big hassle. I can't afford all of that on top of my bjj dues.

Goddamn!!! What a bunch of fucking Scrooges!!

I actually work at the Rec Center at Ohio State and it is ridiculous the stuff that you have to do to join the gym. It is a brand new building and was a very expensive project, so they are trying to make any money wherever possible.

If you want to train judo in columbus go to the OSU gym, nothing else. You may have to pay a decent amount of fees but its the only good judo gym in the city and the instructor is like a 6th dan in judo

Go Buckeyes. When I went to OSU I used to train with the JKD club there. Once in a while some the coach of the Judo club came in I think his names Virgil. Supposedly he was an Olympic medalist. Same Guy?

Back