Judges Scores in Rodriguez vs Cacerres

dipstickjimmy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I just watched the fights from last night on PVR. How the Fnck did Derek Cleary come up with a 49-46 for Bruce Leroy? I could see giving him a 48-47, I personally scored it 48-47 for Rodriguez but 49-46 WTF???
Its these type of scorecards that when they don't alter the proper outcome that slip under the radar but should be heavily scrutinized.

I know in the NHL that on ice officials are scrutinized and the best get to do the playoffs and the "Goofs" sit out. Makes me think he put huge money on Yair winning a Split Decision or something.

Alter the proper outcome ?

You mean " change " an official judges scorecard ?

tumblr_n37vl8xvwu1su7sauo1_500.gif

The judges are never judged
Regardless of incompetence

Alter the proper outcome ?

You mean " change " an official judges scorecard ?

tumblr_n37vl8xvwu1su7sauo1_500.gif
No what I meant was that Yair won the fight so people won't really freak out about it. There was no "Robbery" but that score is something I would like to hear Derek Cleary explain. How did he give Cacerres 4 of the 5 rounds? The 1st and 2nd couldn't have been more textbook 10-9 for Yair.

No what I meant was that Yair won the fight so people won't really freak out about it. There was no "Robbery" but that score is something I would like to hear Derek Cleary explain. How did he give Cacerres 4 of the 5 rounds? The 1st and 2nd couldn't have been more textbook 10-9 for Yair.

It is what it is. The right guy won. There is no explanation for what some judges scorecards say.

I don't know how they can be so far off sometimes

Right. giving Alex 3 rounds isn't bad judging but 4 is very questionable to the point where he should be forced to take a class on how to score fights

How the Fnck did Derek Cleary come up with a 49-46 for Bruce Leroy? I could see giving him a 48-47, I personally scored it 48-47 for Rodriguez but 49-46 WTF???

Honestly, when we see split decision scores where the minority score is completely the opposite of the other two, I really suspect that they accidentally marked the wrong corner/fighter on the scorecard.

There are some split decision scores where one guy completely dominated according to the eyes of the two judges and 90% of the audience, but the dissenting score is dominance the other direction. It's gotta be the judge accidentally marking the wrong corner down right?

Bruce won the fight; if whiffs count against TJ and Maryna, they count against Yair.

That one judge had it right.

<28>

Big John judges for Bellator.

And Rob Hinds that usually ref screwed up a judging card bad, forgot which fight but he wasn't watching what the rest of us were
Edit: It was Carvalho and Manhoef, he was the one that screwed Melvin

is it possible the judge somehow mixed up the names and thought he was scoring for Yair?

Yeah. Yair clearly won that fight (I had Yair winning 3 rounds). Honestly, I don't even think it should have been a split decision; however, it was a fairly close fight.

Honestly, when we see split decision scores where the minority score is completely the opposite of the other two, I really suspect that they accidentally marked the wrong corner/fighter on the scorecard.

There are some split decision scores where one guy completely dominated according to the eyes of the two judges and 90% of the audience, but the dissenting score is dominance the other direction. It's gotta be the judge accidentally marking the wrong corner down right?
he was on his pokemon during the fight.

They should have to answer for their actions even if they aren't punished

He should have to sit down and explain which 4 rounds Caceres won and why and expose himself as a retard

Back