Judges Need To Stop Rewarding Damageless Takedowns w/ 30 Seconds Left

Marce Porter

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Great peformance by Khabib but there's no way he won that 2nd round. He got his bell rung then proceeded to take Healy down with 30 seconds left, doing zero damage.

Healy did absolutely nothing in the second round. Stop listening to Rogan. One punch doesn't win a round when you're being outlanded and taken down

Healy did absolutely nothing in the second round. Stop listening to Rogan. One punch doesn't win a round when you're being outlanded and taken down

No. It has nothing to do with what Rogan said. Healy connected on several punches in that round.

I agree for the most part, the exception being a guy getting whipped-theres nothing wrong with him going for a desperation takedown. The Jury/Ricci fight however is a perfect example of pathetic point grabs at the end of rounds.

Great peformance by Khabib but there's no way he won that 2nd round. He got his bell rung then proceeded to take Healy down with 30 seconds left, doing zero damage.

Second round was close, a draw would have been okay, but I can see why khabib would get the edge in that round. Doesn't matter though, khabib clearly won rounds one and two.

I think Healy managed to win that second round. His body work was overlooked in this fight. The funny thing is, if a fighter like Fitch delivered a third round like Khabib's, he'd get ripped for it and get called boring. Khabib is a very good grappler, though.

Healy pretty clearly won the standing exchanges in round 2. He dinged him several times and also pushed the action - that was a round where Khabib caught his breath, and it was a round he was clearly losing until the TD.

I agree 100% with TS the judges shouldn't have awarded him the second round. I think part of the problem is he had so much momentum coming out of the first round people tend to just remember things the way there were going, as opposed to in a vacuum.

I think Healy managed to win that second round. His body work was overlooked in this fight. The funny thing is, if a fighter like Fitch delivered a third round like Khabib's, he'd get ripped for it and get called boring. Khabib is a very good grappler, though.

Fitch never opened a fight up in his life ripping flying knees. When he took guys down it was pull-your-pants-down chain wrestling against the fence. Khabib did he a pretty fantastical run across the cage slam.

All in I'd say it was pretty different than a Fitch fight.

This is every nuthugger's excuse for people not feeling the same way they do smh.

Fighters need to stop their opponents taking them down with 30 secs left in the round.

Fitch never opened a fight up in his life ripping flying knees. When he took guys down it was pull-your-pants-down chain wrestling against the fence. Khabib did he a pretty fantastical run across the cage slam.

All in I'd say it was pretty different than a Fitch fight.

The third round was what Fitch usually does. I don't have a problem with what Fitch does, but a lot of people do. Some of those people are on the Khabib bandwagon for some reason.

I agree with this. If Fitch was Russian people would've popped wood over him like they do all of these grapple-centric fighters from Dagestan. They buy into the "Russian badass" stereotype and it doesn't matter if they fight like Fitch or not. I'd venture to say that Fitch is more technical than anything I've seen out of Khabib. I'm not overly impressed with what I've seen out of Khabib. Healy's tough but he's nothing special either and I think once Khabib faces someone who is elite his train will come to a halt.

White belts need to stop rewarding a few seconds of offense when the rest of the round is clear superiority.

The second round was the closest round, obviously, but I gave it to Khabib. It was very close on the feet, with Khabib landing some nice shots early in the round and then Healy landing some good shots midway through and later in the round. The TD should be scored (although I agree that they are often scored too heavily) as it was a very nice TD. Then Khabib landed some nice elbows from the top and opened up the other side of Healy's face. Clean sweep on my scorecard, with the 2nd round being close but clear for Khabib imo.

The third round was what Fitch usually does. I don't have a problem with what Fitch does, but a lot of people do. Some of those people are on the Khabib bandwagon for some reason.

I'm not going to bother posting the 36 gif's of Kabib pulling off a fantastical suplex which is essentially his signature move - what Fitch is obviously most well known for etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back