Josh Thomson: Khabib is sacrificing size advantage for easier weight cut

Pious Augustus

Born With Thick Skin
Pink
Reaction score

He used to weight around 184lb inside the cage, Now he may only get back up to 176lb

Last edited:
Ohh, this is bad for Khabib. He relies on his size for his takedowns and ground control.

He started that after his bad weight cut at 209

yeah he changed his diet up after that 209 pull out. Now if we can just get tony to take his glasses off indoors we may have a fight

But he will have the cardio for more rounds instead of gassing in the 3rd. We'll see.

Khabib has weighed 170 in the cage multiple times not only last fight. His nutritionist posted pictures of him at 170 in the barbosa fight.

Aka he changed his walk around weight and fight week after 209.

Good. Let him rely on good nutrition and discipline and skill, over size advantages.

At what weight does Poirier usually come in (rehydrated)?

I think coming in 5-10lbs lighter helps his speed

Dustin may be bigger than Khabib on fight night with less bodyfat

Crazy world

He's started doing it after the fact that he got hospitalized at 161 pounds before the Tony fight. He was the lightest he's ever been in the Conor fight. Conor was 171 pounds and Khabib was around that weight also.

So, there's no new difference for the Poirier fight. He's still gonna smash his opponent.

He used to weight around 184lb inside the cage, Now he may only get back up to 176lb

putting on about 20% bodyweight in 36 hours or however long is crazy .

I can mind people talking about Gatti putting on 15 pounds and me finding that unbelievable back in early 2000/1990's

Crazy world
Don't think its gonna change the fact that khabib has about 4 times the wrestling experience dustin has, different level. And dustin looks pretty chunky, he looks at least 15% body fat, might gas out. Khabib always looks shredded af.

If he took steps to prevent further weight cut fails, kudos to Habibi

Crazy world
Dustin is a big boy. He said the cut to 155 is getting thougher and thougher.

Khabib is a regular sized LW nowadays.

184 in the cage after weighing in at 155? I thought everybody says he's not that big and is actually smaller than a lot of lightweights? 29lbs is a lot. That would be a 19% increase which is huge, even 176 is 13.5% so if it were in California he'd be getting asked to move up.

Back