• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Josh Barnett Has Been Released By The UFC

He's only had 4 or 5 positive PED tests! Give him a 6th chance!

Im not really suprised, i guess its just surprising to see it written out, if that makes any sense? Idk.

Hope he heads over to Bellator or Rizin

usada said that was he said when he removed himself from the testing pool
There's absolutely nothing online that I can find that says he was retired. in fact it's the oppposite. Unless you can cite a source?

There's absolutely nothing online that I can find that says he was retired. in fact it's the oppposite. Unless you can cite a source?

usada eyes when he removed himself from testing pool he listed as a retired fighter.

usada eyes when he removed himself from testing pool he listed as a retired fighter.
You're not citing a source, just because you kee saying it doesn't mean it's right.
“I’m not finished with it. I still have a lot within MMA that I want to do. There’s still a desire in me to go out and fight. I know that it is going to be a much smaller window for me in that there’s so many other things in my life. At the moment, I know the desire is there to compete, but the desire to structure my life around training camps and all that at the moment just isn’t there. I’ll get out there and spar and work with people, so it’s not as if I don’t train or still enjoy training – because I do very much – but to make that commitment in every way that’s necessary to compete in MMA, not yet. But it is still open.”
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/1/11/...not-retired-but-cant-make-full-commitment-mma

UFC is garbage for still bringing Brock back but dont want to pay a skilled veteran like Barnett.

Source Brock is coming back properly?

Barnett is old and done. Get over it.

Source Brock is coming back properly?

Barnett is old and done. Get over it.

Brock has an offer
that is as far as it is now

Some clickbait sites misled & of course some on here ate it up.

There were literally no fights I was hoping to see Barnett in in the UFC

Did anyone know he was still under ufc contract ? I didn't

Barnetts one of them guys who dont really need the UFC. He doesnt care about getting the belt,he already did it. He tests positive and shrugs it off somehow like its no big deal,and people just go along with it,even after afflictions demise,hahha. He is still one of the most talented hws out there,he will be sought after by any of the other promotions. He's also been able to make money outside of actual fights,and has taken long breaks,which has probably extended his career long after other guys would have retired.

Good. HW is thin but he is past his prime, has pissed hot 3 times (3rd time effectively killing off Affliction), and is more drama than he is worth.

Never liked the guy always acted like he was buddy buddy with Fedor to avoid fighting him and then when they were finally scheduled to fight he got popped again for steroids and ruined that.

Barnett isnt anymore done than Hunt, AA, Reem or JDS.

Lol yes he is. Do you even watch the fights??? You just go wiki to fuel your shit arguments. AA looked good against a young hard batting Taivasa. Hunt beat Lewis a year ago. JDS is 2-2 in last 4 with win against GOAT HW Stipe. Overeem has fought an absolute murderers row. Stop talking clown.

Back