Joseph Angel Soto released from the UFC

Flyweight can be rough, you go on a good streak and then hit a bad one right after.

Moraga had a three fight losing streak right before a three fight winning one, Wilson Reis was on a three fight win streak before fighting Mighty Mouse but just lost his last two after the loss to MM. Bagautinov lost 4 of 5 at one point after winning his first three in the UFC against the likes of Tim Elliot and John Linekar. Look at Zack Makovsky who only lost close decisions to Benavidez, Dodson, Jussier da Silva, and Dustin Ortiz, three of them being among the most consistent six in the weight class.

Soto has some good fights and wins, but it's tough staying consistent at that weight unless you are MM, Cejudo, Benavidez, Dodson, Horiguchi, or DaSilva (and Dodson is now at Bw, and Horiguchi is switching between Flyweight and Bw in One FC).

Soto is a fun fighter, sad to see him go. I guess Bellator or PFA will get him now.

Funny how his ufc career went

thrown right in there for a short notice title bout against a monster like TJ.

never fully regrouped after that

solid skills all around, will be interesting to see how he gets on

That's a shame, always liked watching him fight, but he was pretty chinny. Hope he can get sone wins and get back to the UFC.

poor Joseph, first his wife cheats on him and pretends to be a virgin and now this...
tenor.gif

The guy went as far as he could go and was honestly surprised he wasn't released following his loss to Tanaka considering it was his 3rd consecutive defeat.

Would've 50-45'd Dillasnake if he hadn't gotten caught by that head kick!
Soto Bless.

Not surpising. Any word on whether Uriah Hall has been cut yet?

I somehow read it as joe son released. Glad that wasn't the case

And yet folks like CM Punk & Josh Burkman are kept on the roster.

Brilliant.

Not surpising. Any word on whether Uriah Hall has been cut yet?
I have a feeling that Uriah Hall will never be cut. I don’t mind it, tbh.

Most impressive thing he did in the UFC was last to the 5th round with TJ.

I know we all love Joe Soto but this release was justified. He can tell his small grandchildren someday he did fight for a UFC title. That's good..

I know we all love Joe Soto but this release was justified. He can tell his small grandchildren someday he did fight for a UFC title. That's good..
That’s the only thing I remember him for beside Pikey putting him in a calf slicer, sad.

good fighter that has some bad luck. i wish him the best, i liked watching him fight. he just needs to string some wins together somewhere outside the UFC. the guy is talented.

Back