*José Aldo Vs Renato Moicano: Who gets it?*

You really think that? He still looks good in general for a top contender and is still able to compete at a high level, but he looks half the fighter he actually used to be.
Well he looked as good in Edgar II as he did in Edgar I, and vs. Jeremy Stephen he was brilliant as usual.

I think Moicano keeps it at distance with his sharp jab and out-strikes him just like Holloway did. He's long and that jab that he knocked down Cub with is deadly.

That being said, Aldo has nasty body shots and if he uses his leg kicks wisely (like he didn't in the previous fights), he should chop at Moicano's leg to make him hesitate.

You really think that? He still looks good in general for a top contender and is still able to compete at a high level, but he looks half the fighter he actually used to be.

He still looks good to me. He just seems to be taking a lot more risks and getting into brawls more.

He still looks good to me. He just seems to be taking a lot more risks and getting into brawls more.

Yeah, he still looks good and one of the best fighters in the division, but he’s getting into brawls more because he’s slower and not as good. His reflexes are slower and his movement has turned into more of a flat footed striker. He basically has no takedown threat anymore either and no one seems to need to worry about his kicking because it’s disappeared.

He’s losing to the young champs coming through and probably won’t ever be champion again, but hasn’t quite slipped to losing to the new top contenders coming through, but that is just around the corner too.

Yeah, he still looks good and one of the best fighters in the division, but he’s getting into brawls more because he’s slower and not as good. His reflexes are slower and his movement has turned into more of a flat footed striker. He basically has no takedown threat anymore either and no one seems to need to worry about his kicking because it’s disappeared.

He’s losing to the young champs coming through and probably won’t ever be champion again, but hasn’t quite slipped to losing to the new top contenders coming through, but that is just around the corner too.
You sort of have a point but if Max didn't have the chin he has Aldo would have blown him out early in the first fight and easily won the first 2 rounds, he also won the first 2 rounds of the rematch but that chin and Maxs phenomenal ability to continue picking up the pace and pressure more and more as a fight progresses is a rare ability.

As for Conor he got careless and over aggressive trying to take his head off early out of rage and unfortunately we never got to see a rematch to know if that would be the case again.

He's always been relatively flat footed, relied an small steps and sharp pivots, which he still does beautifully--you can see that just fine in his last three fights. Fans complained that he wasn't finishing and that they missed wec Aldo, so now he starts brawling more. He looked faster than max and Stephens, that's for damn sure; and he also brought out his leg kicks in the rematch against Max, he just didn't spam them.

The only difference I see now is that he can be drawn into a brawl more often, which ties into him trying to be more like he was in the WEC.

Back