Jorge Masvidal vs Nate Diaz 2 - Why hasn't this rematch happened?

With Diaz hardly ever fighting the only rematch im interested seeing him in now is McGregor.

Jorge was in complete control the first fight but that rematch would probably do pretty good numbers. I just want to see Jorge fight again after that brutal KO loss. It almost seems like he doesn’t want to fight again anytime soon with his attempts at promoting fights now. I hope I’m wrong, just speculating.

Would definitely disagree with this. Jorge is a better striker than Till, whom I would say is better then Leon. Jorge also did much better against Nate than Leon did (he nearly finished Nate multiple times and busted him up very bad). Jorge also did much better against Cowboy than Leon did.

It's a Sherdog myth that Leon can just outclass Jorge. He had a tough time in former LW's in Cowboy and almost got finished by former LW Nate. Jorge is better than those 2, in striking and in grappling defense. If Jorge can defend against the grappling of Usman and Maia, then he can definitely survive the grappling of Leon.
The reason the 2 never fought is because Jorge decided to fight more renowned fighters which made him a lot more money. Why fight a no name guy like Leon Scott when you can fight undefeated Ben Askren, popular Nate Diaz, or champ Usman.
On what basis is Till a better striker than Leon? Just because he beat Kelvin Gastelum in a close fight and won 1 round against Whittaker coming of a KO loss doesn’t mean he is a great striker. I respect your opinion but Leon is better in all aspects of striking except KO power. Leon dominates all other aspects like output, durability, clinch, striking defence etc

I'm a fan of both and their styles make for exciting fights.
I wouldn't call either championship material but they make for exciting fights, something fights fans want and need lately with nothing too exciting going on.
If the first fight had been more competitive, I would agree. But it wasn't.

I saw some people posting that Jorge was getting tired. Maybe Nate was gonna do him like he did Leon.

Cuz no one really gives a shit about this fight. Fans don't care dana don't care etc

Mas was destroying nate, it wasn’t even close.

On what basis is Till a better striker than Leon? Just because he beat Kelvin Gastelum in a close fight and won 1 round against Whittaker coming of a KO loss doesn’t mean he is a great striker. I respect your opinion but Leon is better in all aspects of striking except KO power. Leon dominates all other aspects like output, durability, clinch, striking defence etc
It's the other way around. On what basis is Leon the better striker? They had a common opponent in Cowboy, and Till starched Cowboy in under a round while Leon barely won a 48-47.
I bet Kelvin could probably take out Leon considering how Nate performed against Leon. Kelvin has just as good a chin and better grappling defense than Nate, and has more power than Nate. I can see Kelvin KO'ing Leon pretty quick.
I don't see Leon doing a dang thing against Whittaker, whereas Till hurt Whittaker pretty bad in the first round.

IMO Till is clearly the superior striker, but Leon is more well rounded and the more complete fighter.

??? Nate was involved IN ANOTHER one sided loss and the fight wasnt that long ago.

It was a matter of timing. Masvidal got the title fight and Nate got a true contender in Leon. Now that both guys have lost a fight together is a win-win.

Isn't it what the "Just Bleed Gods" want?

<{JustBleed}>

If the first fight had been more competitive, I would agree. But it wasn't.

It's also the thrill of how it could have ended that also makes it intriguing.

They are both coming off two back to back losses, they are gonna have to get some wins under their belts again if they expect to headline a PPV card again.

Nate could headline a card tomorrow and get a ton of support. Masvidal not so much.

It's also the thrill of how it could have ended that also makes it intriguing.
Well, that's about all Nate's fans can say now...."If the Masvidal fight wasn't stopped....if Nate had caught Edwards later in the fight and not just minutes before it was over." If just don't see giving Nate good fights based on that. He hasn't beaten anyone besides Pettis at WW in years.

Would definitely disagree with this. Jorge is a better striker than Till, whom I would say is better then Leon. Jorge also did much better against Nate than Leon did (he nearly finished Nate multiple times and busted him up very bad). Jorge also did much better against Cowboy than Leon did.

It's a Sherdog myth that Leon can just outclass Jorge. He had a tough time in former LW's in Cowboy and almost got finished by former LW Nate. Jorge is better than those 2, in striking and in grappling defense. If Jorge can defend against the grappling of Usman and Maia, then he can definitely survive the grappling of Leon.
The reason the 2 never fought is because Jorge decided to fight more renowned fighters which made him a lot more money. Why fight a no name guy like Leon Scott when you can fight undefeated Ben Askren, popular Nate Diaz, or champ Usman.
This post is too rational for sherdog

This

Why is this even a thread?

I swear Diaz fans could watch either brother get mauled for 25 minutes and still think their guy won. Some geniuses thought Nick beat GSP.
If it went another ten rounds, Diaz would have won!

Back