• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jordan Peele's GET OUT (Wins an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay)

If you have seen GET OUT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
What a nice little retort. You should print it out and bring it to school tomorrow..bet they’d be impressed

His point was that your "anti white sentiment raging across the country" is fiction. There are actual laws being passed against nonwhite people. Can you point to any antiwhite legislation?

To me it's telling what kind of people are on sherdog. There are a million movies out there that can be construed as "race baiting" and "peddling politics" in some way. If people complained about True Lies making Arabs look like terrorists, posters here would complain about SJWs and say it's just the movie. But make the protagonist a black guy and the antagonists white, you guys go up in arms and get blinded by the politics. Some of you didn't even see the movie lol. Same story with Black Panther.

I recall when American Sniper came out, there were people on the left complaining about how it's a pro-war movie that tries to justify the war in Iraq. Some left-leaning people I know didn't even see the movie and were judging it just like you guys here are doing. I try to see movies by empathizing with the characters and saw the movie from the perspective of the protagonist and his struggles with the war, rather trying to project my views on the politics of the film maker. And I really liked the movie, and I am far from a conservative pro-war guy. As a Korean guy, I relate to characters all the time who are nothing like me. Every fucking movie is imbued with sexist, racist, political, or SWJ views of the film maker because they're made by people with biases. A lot of movies will become less enjoyable if you are trying to pick apart every message you think the film is projecting.

I remember I saw a poster awhile back say that he turned the movie off at the scene the cop stops the couple and asks the protagonist for his ID. lol
If he actually saw the movie he'd know that scene has a twist to it.

Good movie, not amazing. Honestly I think it only gets the praise it does because of the the race thing.

His point was that your "anti white sentiment raging across the country" is fiction. There are actual laws being passed against nonwhite people. Can you point to any antiwhite legislation?

Thanks captain obvious. Obviously that was the point he was attempting to make.

I thought it was overrated too, but my reasons are far from the whole race politics of the movie. I had no problem with any of that.

I saw this months ago, so excuse me if I can’t remember anybody’s name.

There is a gaping plot hole when we see the first dude get kidnapped right off the street by the brother character, and as we know, this black guy becomes victim to the transplant procedure. So, the sister character lures black guys to her house, but when she brings people over, they apparently get free reign to walk around, etc. This I didn’t get. Why wouldn’t he instead just be locked up as soon as he’s brought there and hypnotized, rather than the family putting on the entire charade of a family reunion and potentially putting themselves all at risk of him stumbling into knowing the truth? Apparently, they didn’t need to put on this entire farce for the guy we see dragged off the street by the brother, so he must have just been locked up and hypnotized from the get go. This is just very inconsistent.

I also really hated when the sister says, “Get him, grandpa,” or something along those lines because that was purely exposition for the dumb people in the audience who haven’t quite understood what’s going on. I wanted to gag.

There’s a few other things, but this went long enough.

Average movie. Not deserving of an Oscar win. Me thinks there may be an alternate reason behind the win.

What should it be categorized as then? It was literally no different than any other B movie slasher film.
No it was pretty good very well acted, creative and absolutely hilarious at parts but it shouldn't have been in oscar contention 8/10 at the very best. Rotten tomatoes putting it at 4th best movie of all time is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Jusg watched this movie and I can't for the life of me understand why it was so praised or why it garnered any award nominations. It was nothing more than a B movie slasher film. Tons of similar movies have been made and none of them got praise like Get Out did. I feel like it only did well with critics because like so many other award nominated movies it catered to an audience. I can't be the only one who thinks this movie is overrated.
It was a masterpiece

yes, the bbq there is awesome. and as a yankee, i grew up with the mayo based slaw, but did come to love the southern version.

vegas is the last (probably) in a long list of stops. i went:

Michigan (farmington, walled lake, milford, west bloomfield, livonia)
texas (spring)
california (sunnyvale)
texas (spring)
north carolina (locust)
tennessee (clarksville)
north dakota (minot)
korea (kunsan)
tennessee (clarksville, antioch)
uae (abu dhabi)
tennessee (nashville)
nevada (las vegas, sparks)
texas (livingston)
nevada (las vegas)

only north dakota, korea and uae were military related

we came to las vegas when my wife went to become a reporter and news anchor for the spanish tv station here. i started covering boxing. i have been all over, but love it here. i would like a southern home in south dakota though

Didn't know you're in the military. My Dad served in the Army and we lived in Japan when I was young. You should request a transfer there. The place is amazing. The Southerners are similar to Japanese in many ways.

Didn't know you're in the military. My Dad served in the Army and we lived in Japan when I was young. You should request a transfer there. The place is amazing. The Southerners are similar to Japanese in many ways.
i have been out of the military for many years. got out after i did in 2003. i dont miss it

Thanks captain obvious. Obviously that was the point he was attempting to make.

So you just go around saying dumb shit and anyone who calls you on it is captain obvious? You don't feel any need to clarify that you didn't mean to say such a dumb thing?

Good movie, not amazing. Honestly I think it only gets the praise it does because of the the race thing.

You don't think there are other movies that talk about race?

So you just go around saying dumb shit and anyone who calls you on it is captain obvious? You don't feel any need to clarify that you didn't mean to say such a dumb thing?

You're not worth my time. Take it to the war room butt boy.

I thought the movie was playing more on liberal elitist racism moreso than attacking conservatives.

The process of taking over a black mans body...for example the one guy wanted "his eyes" so he can see how he sees. I thought that was a commentary on how producers use young black men in the media to speak through and spew their agendas.

Also, the protaganist in the film falls in love with a family who at first seems accepting but he soon realizes he has been misled into a trap. I saw this as perhaps how certain institutions at first seem to have your well being in mind but in the end they are just using you to complete their own agenda.

But thats just me.

I thought it was overrated too, but my reasons are far from the whole race politics of the movie. I had no problem with any of that.

I saw this months ago, so excuse me if I can’t remember anybody’s name.

There is a gaping plot hole when we see the first dude get kidnapped right off the street by the brother character, and as we know, this black guy becomes victim to the transplant procedure. So, the sister character lures black guys to her house, but when she brings people over, they apparently get free reign to walk around, etc. This I didn’t get. Why wouldn’t he instead just be locked up as soon as he’s brought there and hypnotized, rather than the family putting on the entire charade of a family reunion and potentially putting themselves all at risk of him stumbling into knowing the truth? Apparently, they didn’t need to put on this entire farce for the guy we see dragged off the street by the brother, so he must have just been locked up and hypnotized from the get go. This is just very inconsistent.

I also really hated when the sister says, “Get him, grandpa,” or something along those lines because that was purely exposition for the dumb people in the audience who haven’t quite understood what’s going on. I wanted to gag.

There’s a few other things, but this went long enough.

As far as the spoiler goes, I think they wanted him alive and unworried because he wasn't bought yet. So they were giving everyone an opportunity to see him before bidding

As far as the spoiler goes, I think they wanted him alive and unworried because he wasn't bought yet. So they were giving everyone an opportunity to see him before bidding

So are we just to assume then that the guy dragged off the street had already been scoped out and paid for?

What’s it matter if he’s worried or not?
They bought people for their physical attributes. They’d still be able to see them if he was locked up. It’s been awhile since I saw it, so I can’t remember how the blind guy learns about his visual gift of taking pictures, but didn’t he learn that from knowing that he was going to some prestigious school?

So are we just to assume then that the guy dragged off the street had already been scoped out and paid for?

They bought people for their physical attributes. They’d still be able to see them if he was locked up. It’s been awhile since I saw it, so I can’t remember how the blind guy learns about his visual gift of taking pictures, but didn’t he learn that from knowing that he was going to some prestigious school?

Why not assume that?

We're also supposed to buy into the idea that scraping a teapot at someone can make them paralyzed and that you can do brain swaps.

allison_williams_get_out.jpeg

Was meh at best. Literally a meh rating. If you have seen any solid thriller/horror, you would whoeheartedly agree. Film is so trash these days however so meh like this gets ends up getting praise.

Back