• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jordan Peele's GET OUT (Wins an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay)

If you have seen GET OUT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
There was no anti-white message. Have you even watched the movie?

There was the use of some stereotypically white items in the climax for nefarious purposes that could be seen as that type of commentary.

I honestly can't think of another film last year that was as good outside of Logan. Get Out was well acted, well written and well shot. Not to mention for a sketch actors first work I would say it deserves the hype.
It was ok. Nothing special but in a pack of shit movies I suppose

It seems people only see what they want to see. It was a well-directed, well acted movie regardless of what you think about the social commentary in the film. Although honestly, I don't think there was much social commentary. Peele was using racially charged socially awkwardness (something that you should know happens in real life unless you live under a rock) to both hide what the antagonists were up to and to create tension. I thought that was brilliantly done and definitely different from most horror movies. It definitely wasn't "literally the same" as every other slasher movies. The racial stuff was really just a plot device, and not the center of the movie.

I wouldn't say it was my favorite film because thrillers and horror movies aren't usually my thing, although one of my favorite movies is a slasher flick. Some people have overrated it but you are certainly underrating this film.

Hollywood didn't like the portrayal of middle class white liberals as racists.

Hollywood didn't like the portrayal of middle class white liberals as racists.
I was friends with some guys from white liberal families in Michigan. I went to school in the South and visit them during the break sometime, because going back to Korea was too expensive. They would crack jokes about how backward and racist southerners are but then would say some racist shit about black people themselves. Not to mention some of them would talk shit about me being asian. I found that very ironic. Having been the only asian around white people, I can relate to the racially charge social awkwardness that happens in the movie. But I hope people don't get it twisted and think it's just white people who do this. I have a lot of white friends in Korea and they get some retarded comments from Koreans.

This is only the millionth thread about this. And there are plenty of overrated movies out there. But for some reason, I wonder why, this is the only one sherdoggers feel the need to harp on every other week. The movie had an agenda? No shit, dumbass. It’s not like they were trying to hide that. But these threads all have an agenda too. And as well hidden as you think that agenda is, it is just as obvious.

I was friends with some guys from white liberal families in Michigan. I went to school in the South and visit them during the break sometime, because going back to Korea was too expensive. They would crack jokes about how backward and racist southerners are but then would say some racist shit about black people themselves. Not to mention some of them would talk shit about me being asian. I found that very ironic. Having been the only asian around white people, I can relate to the racially charge social awkwardness that happens in the movie. But I hope people don't get it twisted and think it's just white people who do this. I have a lot of white friends in Korea and they get some retarded comments from Koreans.

It's a misconception that all Southerners are Klan members or skinheads. On the contrary we're BBQ eating, sweet tea drinking, gun loving conservative Christian Americans.

it was praised because of its message. black people good. white people bad. black people honest. white people evil. honestly, any movie with that message in this day and age is going to be praised

it was praised because of its message. black people good. white people bad. black people honest. white people evil. honestly, any movie with that message in this day and age is going to be praised
<{cruzshake}>

It's a misconception that all Southerners are Klan members or skinheads. On the contrary we're BBQ eating, sweet tea drinking, gun loving conservative Christian Americans.
i find the sweet tea drinking part completely accurate. dont pretend its not

Honestly, I have a hard time understanding anyone not thinking it was at least an above average movie without inferring some kind of agenda or unrealistic expectation.

It was the best big budget horror movie in quite some time. It was quick, stylish, smart, and funny as well.

I honestly can't think of another film last year that was as good outside of Logan. Get Out was well acted, well written and well shot. Not to mention for a sketch actors first work I would say it deserves the hype.
Logan
Wind river
Blade Runner
It comes at night
Baby driver
War for planet of the apes & Dunkirk were solid
Logan lucky

I thought the movie was good and was very entertained through the whole thing. The problem I have is nothing about the movie was Oscar worthy. The lead guy was nominated for best actor. Seriously. Look at some of the people that have won that award like DDL, and others and tell me how on earth this guy was nominated for that performance.

I think this movie is really suffering from being labelled "SJW". Too many people seem to be going into it thinking it's just some propaganda race baiting movie.

But i guess it's not really suffering with all the awards and money and recognition. It does a lot of things right. It's a smart, original, well written thriller that keeps you engaged throughout. Jordan peele really hit this one out of the park.

Not my favorite movie of the year but it would be in my top 3.

I was very entertained but it was not oscar material. I'm sure the outrage would be quite intense if they reversed race roles or made a muslim family the villains.

It was a total piece of shit.
Elaborate.

I was very entertained but it was not oscar material. I'm sure the outrage would be quite intense if they reversed race roles or made a muslim family the villains.

First off. I'll never understand white people saying this shit. There were allegories to slavery yes, but are you denying that Muslims and blacks haven't been antagonists before?

I mean Rocky is essentially a (albeit incredible) series of great white hype films.

4 oscar nominations ..
that's not saying much most the movies that came out over the past few years has been shit any movie that can separate itself from the typical over budget cgi action movie will get a nod.

Logan
Wind river
Blade Runner
It comes at night
Baby driver
War for planet of the apes & Dunkirk were solid
Logan lucky

I really enjoyed It Comes at Night too. I don't think it was as well done as Get Out, but it had some thrilling moments and great acting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back