Jordan Mein retired?

joey gerbils

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When did that happen? I enjoyed watching him fight and he was really young as well

I read it a few days ago. Too bad for us fans.
I'm guessing he isn't making enough money now because of the sweet Reebok deal.

Too bad, good fighter and only 25. He had almost 40 pro fights and started at 17

Uh . . . I'm kinda glad. I think more fighters should hang em up if they've tested themselves and realize they're not good enough to enter the ranks of the elite. Or if they've had concussions.

I am surprised though.

I read it a few days ago. Too bad for us fans.
I'm guessing he isn't making enough money now because of the sweet Reebok deal.

Way to speculate. Hasn't said a word about his pay.

He said he's burnt out and doesn't have it in him to fight at the highest level anymore.

He's only 25 and had his first pro fight at 16. He's 29-10 and taken a lot of damage already.

LOL here come the UFC fanboys to say this isn't because of the cheap ass puke scum bags at Zuffa and Reebok. They have apologists now.

LOL here come the UFC fanboys to say this isn't because of the cheap ass puke scum bags at Zuffa and Reebok. They have apologists now.

It is entirely possible that the loss of sponsorship money affected Mein's decision. But we wouldn't really know because he hasn't said a word about it.

If it comes out that money was part of his decision, then Zuffa deserves criticism. In the meantime, your argument is lacking in substance and boorish.

Well, anything that keeps Jordan's dad as far as possible from the fighters' hotels is probably a good thing.

The future is bleak for young mid tier pro MMA fighters. 40 fights & he probably still earning a net 20k per year. Good on him for recognizing this & retiring earlier.

Back