Jones weakness is movement

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Agree or disagree? Think back to Gus and now Reyes.

I think you'd have to elaborate. But Jones IS weirdly good at distance while also being bad at movement. It is probably due to always having such height/reach advantage that his movements can be more basic compared to those who excel in the ability.

Well, kind of.
His linear attacks are significantly less effective against an opponent who moves laterally, that is for sure.

Jones weakness is lack of PEDs.

I think you'd have to elaborate. But Jones IS weirdly good at distance while also being bad at movement. It is probably due to always having such height/reach advantage that his movements can be more basic compared to those who excel in the ability.

I direct you to.

Well, kind of.
His linear attacks are significantly less effective against an opponent who moves laterally, that is for sure.

Agreed, Jones prefer his opponents to stand still, he clearly gets flustered when they move and disrupt his linear attacks. Reyes avoided his oblique kicks with simple movements and you could tell Jones got flustered like wtf is going on.

Jones style is very unique and based around his physical advantages like height and reach. His gameplan is to keep his opponent at bay, while at the same time pressuring and having octagon control. Whenever he does his oblique kicks he is vulnerable against opponents that blitz towards him. We saw Santos do it a few times and we saw Reyes doing it a lot as well. If you move a lot and abruptly attack him he will usually turn his back and run from his opponent or get clipped with a good 1-2, uppercut or hook. He is very stationary hence why opponents that move a lot see success against him. His plan is to make his opponent as stationary as him while pushing them towards the cage where he can touch them while they can't touch him.

It's no surprise to me that Reyes did well, considering he did study Jones fight against Gus the first time. Reyes came in with a clear gameplan and the most important thing is he didn't break under the bright lights but instead showed great confidence and composure in there.

as in the needle not moving into his ass

Someone brings Elias Theodorou to dethrone Jones back.

Jones style is very unique and based around his physical advantages like height and reach. His gameplan is to keep his opponent at bay, while at the same time pressuring and having octagon control. Whenever he does his oblique kicks he is vulnerable against opponents that blitz towards him. We saw Santos do it a few times and we saw Reyes doing it a lot as well. If you move a lot and abruptly attack him he will usually turn his back and run from his opponent or get clipped with a good 1-2, uppercut or hook. He is very stationary hence why opponents that move a lot see success against him. His plan is to make his opponent as stationary as him while pushing them towards the cage where he can touch them while they can't touch him.

It's no surprise to me that Reyes did well, considering he did study Jones fight against Gus the first time. Reyes came in with a clear gameplan and the most important thing is he didn't break under the bright lights but instead showed great confidence and composure in there.

Great breakdown. He also gave Jones no respect, and that too flustered Jones.

he is not as athletic as he used to be. He is slower now because he doesn't use peds anymore.
He is very slow and not explosive now. His cardio also dropped.

Picoless Jon is hindered when he can’t tickle eye sockets with outstretched fingers. His knee stomps were completely ineffective against Reyes when he was able to move in and out of range

Jones is boring and unimpressive without his steroids.

I thought his weakness was lack of offense early on and then no boxing technique also

His movement is probably what kept him in the fight

Imagine if Jon Jones was good with his hands and actually threw punches the entire fight

I thought his movement was fine. He was being efficient with his energy, but every time Reyes tried to swarm him he moved out of the way effectively and was very rarely hit clean.

Agreed, Jones prefer his opponents to stand still, he clearly gets flustered when they move and disrupt his linear attacks. Reyes avoided his oblique kicks with simple movements and you could tell Jones got flustered like wtf is going on.

Jones did adapt his kicking game mid-fight, which is noteworthy and effective.

And while Jones was flustered, he did a pretty good job masking the damage from the body attack he withstood... It was significant.

Jones also rolled with punches fairly well after the 1st (where I think he was a bit surprised) Again smart to adapt. Although Jones was hit with some Slobberknockers… Sweat & snot flying on the slow replays... He got really tagged a few times and showed real savvy and toughness

I thought Reyes won...

But really it was a pretty darned good fight and I enjoyed watching it …. Something that is getting very little talk...

There was a lot going on in that fight.

It's the reach man.

He has shit footwork but he can just strech his arms out and shuffle backwards.

A long striker with good footwork/angles is going to get him one of these days.

Shit, maybe Israel will be the one to take him out. Longer reach than Reyes and better striker.

Wouldn't that be something?

I would say it is 3 things. He has trouble with guys of similar height, that have good boxing and good footwork.

Back