Jones was never that popular

Uke

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The only time he pulled big numbers was against DC.

If he hadnt popped multiple times He could've been the MJ that dana was praying for...

I remember when he was on ABC good morning America after KOing DC. I said watch him pop or fuck this up... He had a guilty look on his face... Like he was an imposter... And sure as shit he screwed up . fucking idiot

Trying to jack my name

Probably because he's a terrible human being and He's very hard to like.. But he used to be a hell of a fighter.

Like president Trump, STILL your champ TS.

Bottom line is other fighters are evolving, he admitted himself, that and no more PED's

Jones has always been popular and he still is. A tiny sample of a few mentally ill haters on sherdog doesn't change that.

Jones has always been popular and he still is. A tiny sample of a few mentally ill haters on sherdog doesn't change that.
No... He's not... He can not sell without being the bad guy with a ton of drama and a solid card..

Johnny Bones is my boy. First UFC I bought was his fight with Bader and I haven’t missed a Jones fight since.

Jones last 4 cards have been 3 cards where all the talk after was about other fighters, Masvidals flying knee on Askren, Nunes KO to win vs Cyborg. Usman dominating Tyron Woodley, Lawler and Askren fight etc. I can go on and on. This time around he really had no interesting fighter on the Main-card besides Valentina and Derek Lewis against LHW, Valentina did her job correctly by dominating Chookagian. The same way Jones was supposed to do against Reyes, But instead lost the fight 3-2 in rounds.

If he keeps going like this putting up lackluster performances over middleweight rejects and guys like Reyes, which he, by the way, was supposed to dominate, takedown in the 2-3 round and ground and pound the shit out of him. That's what all of us expected and what UFC sold us aswell. However it backfired on all of us and instead, he goes out there and lose 3 clear rounds, and even 4th round is close where he turns into a panic wrestler, gets a takedown that Reyes get up from immediately and another lackluster 5th round and in his head, he believed he has to finish because he definitely thought he was behind and pushed the action more.

New fans of the sport will now say, "man this Jones guy isn't what I thought he was" Now people are more focused on guys like Masvidal, Khabib/Tony, Adesanya, and even Nunes and I'm not even kidding.

Jones best option is to fight izzy to stay relevant

Back