Jones top 3 performances?

wearetheromans

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. Shogun
You can argue this wasn't "prime" Shogun, but still he'd just come off being the first guy to make Machida look human. The fight itself was just a complete masterclass, Shogun looked out of his depth. I was pulling for Shogun hard but after this fight I had to admit that this Jones kid was something special.

2. Cormier 1
The second Cormier fight even though Jones won by tko, Cormier was probably winning the fight. The first fight on the other hand was something special. Cormier was undefeated, had been destroying everyone at heavyweight and literally no one knew what would happen. I thought Cormier with his Olympic credentials would outwrestle Jon easily. It didn't happen that way with Jones winning the wrestling and Cormier only getting one takedown that Jones popped up from immediately. After this fight I thought noone could beat this dude.

3. Gustafsson 1
A very very close fight where you could argue the outcome. I selected this one though because it was the first time Jon actually had someone bring it to him and he fought through adversity, landed that spinning back elbow which basically won him the fight and was able to survive. Let's not forget that Gus was looking like a killer at this stage.

Honorable mention to the Bader fight. Bader was also undefeated and Jones made it look like a dad wrestling his kid. This was before we knew the master Bader can wilt under pressure.

Another mention to the Vera fight. This was in the middle of hellbows Jones. He was absolutely terrifying in top position and destroyed Vera's face. You can see the effect with his next opponents being so scared when they get on the ground.

What are your picks?

1: Turinabol
2: Stanozolol
3: Methandroztealone

Shit I thought you said "Jones top 3 performance enhancing drugs."

Turinabol
Stanozolol
Methandroztealone

Shit I thought you said "Jones top 3 performance enhancing drugs."

You ruined that joke with that last bit. Could have been great.

1. Shogun
You can argue this wasn't "prime" Shogun, but still he'd just come off being the first guy to make Machida look human. The fight itself was just a complete masterclass, Shogun looked out of his depth. I was pulling for Shogun hard but after this fight I had to admit that this Jones kid was something special.

2. Cormier 1
The second Cormier fight even though Jones won by tko, Cormier was probably winning the fight. The first fight on the other hand was something special. Cormier was undefeated, had been destroying everyone at heavyweight and literally no one knew what would happen. I thought Cormier with his Olympic credentials would outwrestle Jon easily. It didn't happen that way with Jones winning the wrestling and Cormier only getting one takedown that Jones popped up from immediately. After this fight I thought noone could beat this dude.

3. Gustafsson 1
A very very close fight where you could argue the outcome. I selected this one though because it was the first time Jon actually had someone bring it to him and he fought through adversity, landed that spinning back elbow which basically won him the fight and was able to survive. Let's not forget that Gus was looking like a killer at this stage.

Honorable mention to the Bader fight. Bader was also undefeated and Jones made it look like a dad wrestling his kid. This was before we knew the master Bader can wilt under pressure.

Another mention to the Vera fight. This was in the middle of hellbows Jones. He was absolutely terrifying in top position and destroyed Vera's face. You can see the effect with his next opponents being so scared when they get on the ground.

What are your picks?
Exact the same thing. VS Shogun was super sad tbh, Jones humiliated him so easily...

Every time he pretends he has emotions it’s an Oscar winning performance
<mma1>

Number 1 will always and will forever be Shogun. That was a beatdown for the ages and he made a legend tap to strikes. He took that belt like it belong to him.

Have to agree with the rest of that list as well

1. Shogun
23 years old and made the veteran look like he didn't belong with him
2. DC 1
Outwrestled and dominated the undefeated Olympian
3. Glover
Beat one of the most dangerous brawlers at his own game

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member