Jones/Reyes wasn't a robbery

To be clear, I dislike Jones.

That being said, I find it comical that sherdog demands that both the Santos fights and Reyes fights were robberies.

The logic for the santos fight is "theres more to fights than just striking numbers, santos landed harder shots"

The logic for the reyes fight is "Reyes clearly won because he landed more shots than jon in rounds 1-3".

At the end of the day, when fights are that close, I'm not upset either way. Dont want to get screwed by judges? Dont point fight.
You point fight and coat the championship rounds against a 13 time champ YOU GET EHAT YOU GET!!!

I feel like I am back in the 1980's where people had to explain to complete morons that "dude I hate to have to tell you this, but pro wrestling isn't real"...

Now we have to explain to UFC fans the same thing. There is a reason that Vince Mcmahon is Dana White's hero. Next thing we will see is Jon Jones telling kids at the live events to exercise and take your vitamins.

The UFC judges have become as solid as the ref's calling the NFC championship game last year between the Saints and Rams.
It was the greatest luck ever year after year where the Patriots don't get called out for penalty after penalty and the other teams get a unnecessary roughness call against them for sneezing or losing a shoe within 5 feet of brady.

I have said before on several threads that the UFC has a pattern of "the goat syndrome" where someone like Rousey is sold to us as the second coming of Jesus Christ and they are trying to sign a "prime" Cyborg to prove it. Just like Fedor it takes them years to get the job done and 5 - 8 years later they finally bring them in to fight their current young in their prime fighter and magically now they prove that they are the goat beating the legendary goat Fedor and Cyborg.

Last edited:
Jones complimented Reyes after the fight pretty much saying he was a harder fight then he thought and before the fight Jon posted on Instagram about an after party like he Knew he was gonna win. Idk feel like Jon is slipping hopefully they rematch

"Never let it go to the judges"

Agreed.. robberies should be reserved to describe clear unanimous victories that are taken away where everyone agrees, not very close and competitive 5 round title fights.

I thought Reyes edged it out but I don't score fights round by round because, frankly, I don't give enough of a fuck. It was a close fight that could have gone either way and there have been way worse decisions in MMA over the years.

Fans judge based on emotions so it's not like their opinions are more credible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back