• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Jones = least wear and tear than any multiple defending champion?

His toe and arm didn't endure any permanent damage, and it's very unlikely that he'll suffer from CTE in the future given that he hasn't been hit cleanly in the head much, apart from the Gus fight. Mighty Mouse still has less mileage on his body though.

Very true, however I think with Jones multiple layoffs equaling years out of the cage in real fights really spread out his recovery time between fights.

Wasn't Gus convulsing in the same hospital as Jones?

I think the injuries that Gus suffered ( in his loss) were only more visible once he got to the hospital.

The other way around. It only got worse for Jones the more time passed. Gus was back in training in two weeks while Jones had to postpone his scheduled fight against Teixeira 3 times because it took him over 2 months two heal.

Sorry did you just Sherdog police me? Am I not allowed to post something that doesn't follow your strick guidelines of this thread? If so I really apologize and want you to know..... actually

raw

We all know his wild party side! Just trying to find out actual cage/training injuries.

You ok with that?

Great... now pass me a tissue so I can wipe the stream of tears from your response.

The other way around. It only got worse for Jones the more time passed. Gus was back in training in two weeks while Jones had to postpone his scheduled fight against Teixeira 3 times because it took him over 2 months two heal.

Wasn't there a reference of Gus convulsing also later that evening?

Wasn't there a reference of Gus convulsing also later that evening?

Yes, his hysterical mother who had never seen his son in a fight said that he was shaking at the hospital when she saw him. Jones could not even wipe his own ass, though, by his own words.

The only real time Jones looked beatable.
He's amazing.

I wish the rematch could've happened while I was still watching

I wish Gus had stood his ground and made it more clear he was able to stand and trade. In title fights, jogging away from the champ hurts you unless you ultimately finish the the champ.

Jones actually seemed to have Gus in the most trouble.

Gus was hurt in the scoring I think by not attempting a single submission after being the first person to get Jones down and of course all that jogging to set up a meaningful strike/counter strike.

We all know his wild party side! Just trying to find out actual cage/training injuries.

You ok with that?

Great... now pass me a tissue so I can wipe the stream of tears from your response.

Sorry I used all my tissues after I jerked off to your fiery response

Yes, his hysterical mother who had never seen his son in a fight said that he was shaking at the hospital when she saw him. Jones could not even wipe his own ass, though, by his own words.

Thanks for the clarification, it's stories like this that make you realize what special athletes these people are and why we are much better off yelling from the sofa with a pizza and cold beer.

I don't think MM has been touched in the last 5 years.

Jon really proved to us that he has heart in that Gus fight.

That's why I think barring a wild punch that KO's him, DC will not be able to overcome Jones. His will to win is ridiculous. You are right about the Gus fight showing his heart and determination but that isn't the only example with Jones. Vitor Belfort had a DEEP arm bar on Jones and Jones not only got out of it he submitted Vitor with a vicious Keylock.

I mean seriously....

Vitor-Belfort-Armbars-Jon-Jones-UFC-152.gif

Then later in the fight.

Jon-Jones-Americana-Vitor-Belfort-UFC-152.gif

In Jones entire career, I think you can count all his notable injuries on one hand.

1.) damaged toe vs Chael.

2.) damaged arm vs Vitor.

3.) bruises, cuts and injured leg against Gus.

Besides these obvious examples, can you name any other injuries in training or in the ring?

Looking back on other multiple time title defending champions, I think this is the least wear and tear.

In addition to his time off for extracurriculars, he has really low fight mileage.

Like a ten year old Honda with 30k miles. I think he's got plenty of quality years left.
Injured knee via defending at TD from Overeem in practice.

Where's that at?

That's why I think barring a wild punch that KO's him, DC will not be able to overcome Jones. His will to win is ridiculous. You are right about the Gus fight showing his heart and determination but that isn't the only example with Jones. Vitor Belfort had a DEEP arm bar on Jones and Jones not only got out of it he submitted Vitor with a vicious Keylock.

I mean seriously....

Vitor-Belfort-Armbars-Jon-Jones-UFC-152.gif

Then later in the fight.

Jon-Jones-Americana-Vitor-Belfort-UFC-152.gif
How sure are we both that Vitor was hanging off that arm, thinking about the afterparty.

Oh, but then...

As it is in so many mma fights, but then...

Wasn't Gus convulsing later that evening with his mom traumatized by his condition?

Jones injuries were mainly superficial, with heavy bruising to his leg and probably the cumulative effects of not taking this match seriously and probably partying before this fight.
Jones couldn't wipe his own ass and Greg Jackson did it for him at the hospital

Back