Jones Held DC the Same Way DC Held Everybody

Dsingleton7

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Discuss...

Do you agree that DC did the same thing to everyone other than the Dan Henderson fight. You know push them against the cage hit them some, and push them up against the cage some more..

I mean... yeah? What mainly stood out to me was the decisive factor in this fight--conditioning.

Yeah, DC did the same before when he fought at HW but at least he attacked more and finished most of those fights

It's typical Jones. Trying to fight his opponents at their strength. Wrestled Hammill, fought and traded on the inside with Glover, and now tried to clinch Cormier against the fence like Cormier likes to...

It's pretty bad, strategy-wise, and he makes the fights harder than they have to be. But it sure makes a statement when he's able to win that way.

Jones beat Cormier at his own game. It came down to a war of attrition and Jones was the better conditioned athlete. Amazing performance.

It's typical Jones. Trying to fight his opponents at their strength. Wrestled Hammill, fought and traded on the inside with Glover, and now tried to clinch Cormier against the fence like Cormier likes to...

It's pretty bad, strategy-wise, and he makes the fights harder than they have to be. But it sure makes a statement when he's able to win that way.

Same with Chael.

his whining about his clinch work being some kind of standing lay-and-pray is utter nonsense.

Like your sig--- absolutely LOVE all the Flashman Chronicles.

Nice!!! I've been waiting for someone to notice.

Have you read the Charlie Mordecai books? By Bonfiglioli? Awesome sort of twisted step-son of the Flashy humor.

Jones beat him at his own game and looked better at doing it than DC. Awesome shit

agree TS

this was almost as good as when Fitch got Fitch'ed by Maia :D

Yeah, DC did the same before when he fought at HW but at least he attacked more and finished most of those fights

He's finished less than half in recent years. He was only really a big finisher in his undercard days and even saying that is a bit of an exaggeration.

Cain finishes most of his fights. JDS finishes most of his fights.

Uh, no, wall and stalling is Jones' strength. What else would be? Punching?

He did drop Machida and make Shogun tap to a body shot. His elbows on the ground also stopped a few fights. And subs. He's tapped a few black belts.

But those are his only strengths. Striking, clinch work, GnP, and subs. Oh, and take downs. He did take down an olympian a few times. Other than that, what's he really good at... amirite?

He did drop Machida and make Shogun tap to a body shot. His elbows on the ground also stopped a few fights. And subs. He's tapped a few black belts.

But those are his only strengths. Striking, clinch work, GnP, and subs. Oh, and take downs. He did take down an olympian a few times. Other than that, what's he really good at... amirite?

Lmao.

Great point OP... Was thinking the same thing while watching the fight .... Crazy how much jones controlled him

I feel like trolling that thread that said DC was the bigger and stronger man.

I didn't even comment on that because it was like the TS was trolling his own thread every time someone chimed in with some sanity. You'd have thought DC was twice as wide as Jones when in reality his shoulders are an inch wider. It was madness.

Back