Jones got a new striking coach?

shredman

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm watching the first episode of embedded and there's some guy other than Winklejohn whom they introduce as JJ's striking coach. Has Jon switched coaches?

Did he say anything about why he switched from Winklejohn?

Brandon Gibson? He didn't replace Winklejohn, he's kinda like an assistant coach.

Yeah, that weirded me out at first too, but I think they just meant that Gibson is one of Jones' striking coaches.

Because I've also seen recent footage of Jones hitting pads with Winklejohn too.

I imagine a fighter like Jones has multiple striking, grappling and S&C coaches.

Gibson works under Winklejohn...My guess is because Winklejohn trains so many fighters, they have Gibson dedicated to Jon.

People don't realize how big Winklejon/Jackson's MMA is or how many fighters train there. They have multiple coaches/trainers in regards to everything even though Jackson and Winklejon are the head coaches/trainers. Winklejon is more than likely there for Jones' technique and teaching new strikes, while Gibson is the one who drills situational useage and live acton during sparring sessions.

Back