News Jones earned it tonight...

old school 2

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
....for years Jones has had a loss on his record against Matt Hamel . He did not lose one second of that fight but was disqualified for illegal elbows. Tonight he actually lost. I don’t care what the judges said the punch stats were clear 3 rounds to 2 and he absolutely lost. So Jones official record has had a loss for years, tonight he earned the loss that was already there.

Reyes 1, 3. Jones 4, 5. Round two was the pendulum. I had Jones because Reyes missed most of his strikes, was walked down and Jones landed that left clean on multiple exchanges.

It was a coin flip decision. They should rematch automatically. I enjoyed the tension of the situation of that fight a lot.

Reyes missed most of his strikes, was walked down and Jones landed that left clean on multiple exchanges.
This literally isn't true though lol, Reyes objectively landed more strikes than Jon in the 2nd round.

If you're trying to argue that Jon's strikes were more impactful...

<DisgustingHHH>

Reyes 1, 3. Jones 4, 5. Round two was the pendulum. I had Jones because Reyes missed most of his strikes, was walked down and Jones landed that left clean on multiple exchanges.

It was a coin flip decision. They should rematch automatically. I enjoyed the tension of the situation of that fight a lot.
Sexual tension?

Round 3 was nearly identical on the punch stats. Jones edged it with his takedowns. Regardless of how fast Reyes got up, takedown is a takedown.
jonesgoat111.jpg

What gets lost is that was a great fight. I loved it.. Want to see it again..

This literally isn't true though lol, Reyes objectively landed more strikes than Jon in the 2nd round.

You're still trusting ticker counting stats for strikes? The majority of them were glancing or blocked but yeah, he landed some good ones, no doubt. Reyes won me over tonight. That guy fought an amazing fight. The decision could've gone either way, imo. No need to rant and rave over 30 threads...

Even the Suredawg PBP broke down my thoughts exactly. We can agree to disagree.

Jones just said in the post show that he doesn't know if he's gonna fight Reyes again. Said Reyes may have a torn ACL... Huh...

It was a great fight but round 2 wasn’t close, Jones lost.

....for years Jones has had a loss on his record against Matt Hamel . He did not lose one second of that fight but was disqualified for illegal elbows. Tonight he actually lost. I don’t care what the judges said the punch stats were clear 3 rounds to 2 and he absolutely lost. So Jones official record has had a loss for years, tonight he earned the loss that was already there.

Jones won believe what you like it's your opinion

You're still trusting ticker counting stats for strikes?
No, I knew that Reyes outstruck him before the stats popped up, but you can argue that that's subjective, so I used actual stats to prove my point as well.

I can understand if you scored the 2nd round for Jon, I strongly disagree, but I can understand.

Would not call it a 'coin flip decision' though, most people scored it in favor of Reyes, and the judging tonight was pretty atrocious to the point where the commentators and several MMA fighters were calling the judges out.

The decision needs to be looked at in terms of what rounds the judges actually gave to which fighter, not what is feasiblely acceptable as a yeah I guess thats ok. Any judge thinking Reyes didn't win the first 3 rounds is clearly as ruining the sport for everyone, loads of mad decisions tonight but that is like. Danas like Ah fuck it the judge decided to pick his ass so yeah Jon knows how to win a fight.

No, I knew that Reyes outstruck him before the stats popped up, but you can argue that that's subjective, so I used actual stats to prove my point as well.

I can understand if you scored the 2nd round for Jon, I strongly disagree, but I can understand.

Would not call it a 'coin flip decision' though, most people scored it in favor of Reyes, and the judging tonight was pretty atrocious.

Fair enough. Im not mad about it. The fight made Reyes a star. He had a great turn here. But in my eyes it's like people still upset about Hendricks/GSP. I had Georges 3-2 with no dog in that fight. Georges lost rounds soundly but won a razor thin round and dominated the last round. I thought Jones won. It is what it is at this point. They really should do it again.

Back