Jones destroys either of them easily if he feels like it.

Kyler Ruxin

Immunized
@Silver
Reaction score
The only reason any of his fights are close is because he always tries to beat fighters at their own game. If he felt like putting fighters like Santos or Reyes on their backs and beating them down, he easily could. He's just cocky so he likes to keep it in their domain, which is why some of his fights are close.

Jones relies on leverage to get his takedowns, when fighters match his height he runs into trouble. Jones is crafty in the clinch, he was able to dominate Glover relying on his clinch for example, but the rest of his wrestling game is not up to par, it doesn't help that he is tall and rangy so if he shoots its from way out there and the opponents have a chance to brace themselves.

Even though this other taller, stronger guys have been studying Jones for years, are able to match him physically and are ready for what he brings to the table, they still have not been able to significantly hurt him, he somehow still manages to weasel his way to a win. Jones understands the fight game and is able to adapt on the fly even against though matchups.

Glover has another style of grappling that poses more problems for Marreta, Glover is strong and relies on timing and technique to get his take downs.
Thiago can't swing like he would like to because Glover would be diving for his legs.

TL;DR: Styles make fights.

Glover would destroy Jones on the ground. Glover 2021 BABY.

Jones relies on leverage to get his takedowns, when fighters match his height he runs into trouble. Jones is crafty in the clinch, he was able to dominate Glover relying on his clinch for example, but the rest of his wrestling game is not up to par, it doesn't help that he is tall and rangy so if he shoots its from way out there and the opponents have a chance to brace themselves.

Even though this other taller, stronger guys have been studying Jones for years, are able to match him physically and are ready for what he brings to the table, they still have not been able to significantly hurt him, he somehow still manages to weasel his way to a win. Jones understands the fight game and is able to adapt on the fly even against though matchups.

Glover has another style of grappling that poses more problems for Marreta, Glover is strong and relies on timing and technique to get his take downs.
Thiago can't swing like he would like to because Glover would be diving for his legs.

Great breakdown, bud. It's a rare sight when it comes to JJ.

Jones trump card being judges will have his back no matter what, why try to win when you can count on judges, highest fight IQ ever.

Good job, noob. Great post.

The only reason any of his fights are close is because he always tries to beat fighters at their own game. If he felt like putting fighters like Santos or Reyes on their backs and beating them down, he easily could. He's just cocky so he likes to keep it in their domain, which is why some of his fights are close.
I agree, and I hate jones but if jones comes with takedowns and that brutal elbow ground and pound every fight, he would be a monster.

Jones is past his prime and beat Glover while having a PED advantage and STILL was a competitive fight. He also arguably lost to Santos and would have definitely if not for his knee injury.

The last time Jones seemed to really get up for a fight was the 2nd Gustafsson fight. Since then he's fought not to lose rather than to win.

Jones relies on leverage to get his takedowns, when fighters match his height he runs into trouble. Jones is crafty in the clinch, he was able to dominate Glover relying on his clinch for example, but the rest of his wrestling game is not up to par, it doesn't help that he is tall and rangy so if he shoots its fro
m way out there and the opponents have a chance to brace themselves.

No not really, Jones did his best grappling work was vs Bonnar and Vera, two men his height.

jons grappling utilizes what is called catch wrestling, he is good at timing, trips, locks, and holds. Because of Jones lanky height it makes power wrestling very difficult because of his inability to get under a fighter like shorter stocky fighters.

Jon does use leverage very well but he excels at catch as catch can grappling and utilizes it very well. He runs into problems with fighters who are fast and have good timing. Height has nothing to do with it, it’s about the ability to keep Jones from utilizing his ability to time his trips and grappling an opponent. Because of Jones lanky size, with fast or fighters who can shrug it off, he needs to power wrestle more than he likes to do.

jon has gotten lazy, he use to power wrestle when he was young, he doesn’t, really do it as much as he should. In most fights jon goes for two shots and then quits.

Last edited:
Vera and Bonnar were able to match Jon physically but he was still an unknown at the time and let's face it both of them were fed to a young up and coming Jones, they were not exactly the best fighters then (or now for that matter) Jones was able to just style on them because he is THAT much better, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I don't know shit about power wrestling so I'll take your word for it, I thought Jon was a Greco-roman guy or was it folk-style? <Fedor23>

After watching that NUMBER 1 205 TITLE SHOT - I'm rather confused about Jon and his last several- maybe he did , indirectly ( I dont know how u do this in a sport like this), fight down to his opposition. The sad thing- based on the current crop, his win streak and on paper- Glover does deserve the next shot. I mean - I see the way he gets hit and gets noodle legged and bubbles of confusion appear above my head. The top promotion of mma has its problems at 205.

But they were not as you have just seen from Their most recent fights.

Jon Jones could have dominated both of them, likely finished them. But he decided to beat them at their own game which is exactly what he did.

This is Santos' level
ClutteredPointedHen-size_restricted.gif

This is Reyes' level
ImpressionableIckyChipmunk-size_restricted.gif

They were only as good as the GOAT allowed them to be.

Let this new information(it was never new to those who knew btw) seethe your anger. Let it ruin your day, as the name Jon Jones always does.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

But they were not as you have just seen from Their most recent fights.

Jon Jones could have dominated both of them, likely finished them. But he decided to beat them at their own game which is exactly what he did.

This is Santos' level
ClutteredPointedHen-size_restricted.gif

This is Reyes' level
ImpressionableIckyChipmunk-size_restricted.gif

They were only as good as the GOAT allowed them to be.

Let this new information(it was never new to those who knew btw) seethe your anger. Let it ruin your day, as the name Jon Jones always does.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Interesting choice of the first thread, troll.

You're just a month with us, you really want to leave so soon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back