Jones' Corner vs. DC's Corner

Thanks TS. I wasn't sure about it before but I guess now that you point it out, the Jackson camp is actually pretty decent

Coaches are overrated in every sport. Is Mendez a genius again when Cain mauls someone again?

Jones most likely would be a champion no matter what gym he trained at. It's not like every fighter Jackson trains is a champion.

Jones' corner yelled stupid code words while DC's corner gave him technical advice (and good advice). AKA > Jackson's, but Jones > Cormier.

one has waterfalls, the other desperation.

Coaches are overrated in every sport. Is Mendez a genius again when Cain mauls someone again?

Jones most likely would be a champion no matter what gym he trained at. It's not like every fighter Jackson trains is a champion.

well, unless he trained with the skrap pack. Could you imagine Jake shields telling Jones he was winning going into the 4th round of either the gus or DC fights and to coast?

Jackson definitly seems on top of things.

Jackson's MMA is one of the best camps in the world for a reason. Jones being their top guy he's going to have their best camp. Really though they had that whole fight planned out from the beginning, Cormier really had no gameplan other than constant pressure. Jones' team obviously anticipated it and instead gassed out Cormier. Jones is really smart guys, he may seem dumb and maybe he likes it that way, but the way he fights shows his intelligence.

Jones planned to fight on the cage, I was watching the 4th and 5th round and it was obvious Jones could have held Cormier there longer. Listen to Jones' corner "circle and hit, and when you tie up..." they knew he'd be clinching, and they baited Cormier into it. Jones' cardio won him the fight and he was tactically point fighting while Cormier was just fighting, I think mid way into the the 3rd Cormier realized how tired he was getting and realized he had been up against the cage for most of the fight already. Not to mention Jones going to the body most of his strikes.

Know your enemies and know yourself and you won't lose a hundred battles. Jones does this very well.

Agreed, TS. Jackson is a great coach/cornerman.

Another good example is between rounds of the Cerrone-Jury fight. Greg gives his advice then nods to Winklejohn to indicate that it's his turn to talk. This shows leadership, a chain of command & helps to not overwhelm the fighter.

They did a great job last night.
yea but that takes discipline by the coaches - its too easy for them to power trip and yell over each other - esp if their main objective is to be the alpha coach vs helping the fighter out

Back