Jones/Cormier Brawl was like a window into the future

TheOneWhoKnows

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I remember shortly after the presser Brawl between Jones and Cormier Jones said that Cormier felt weak and that he was surprised how easy it was to take him down. Cormier said it wasn't a fight and only Jones would think it was a fight and would not bear any resemblance to the real fight. Cormier also blamed his shoes and pants for being taken down.

Then several months later they fight, Jones takes down Cormier again with ease in round 1. After the fight Cormier says that Jones felt bigger and stronger than he expected. So basically the brawl was a window into the future on how the fight would play out. Jones would take down Cormier with ease and Jones would feel bigger and stronger while Cormier felt weaker.

I guess it resembled a real fight after all, surprising honestly.

Had no bearing on the fight IMO. Jones and Cormier were outside of MMA rules during the presser and Jones did not rely on his most potent weapon, the eye poke. During the fight he brought out the eye poke at the right moment. No eye poke, no foreshadowing of the future Jones fight.

Had no bearing on the fight IMO. Jones and Cormier were outside of MMA rules during the presser and Jones did not rely on his most potent weapon, the eye poke. During the fight he brought out the eye poke at the right moment. No eye poke, no foreshadowing of the future Jones fight.

It could have had some bearing on the fight. It's possible it put more confidence in Jones' mind and put questions in Cormier's mind.

If only Cormier had been allowed to use his shoes as a weapon...

I remember shortly after the presser Brawl between Jones and Cormier Jones said that Cormier felt weak and that he was surprised how easy it was to take him down. Cormier said it wasn't a fight and only Jones would think it was a fight and would not bear any resemblance to the real fight. Cormier also blamed his shoes and pants for being taken down.

Then several months later they fight, Jones takes down Cormier again with ease in round 1. After the fight Cormier says that Jones felt bigger and stronger than he expected. So basically the brawl was a window into the future on how the fight would play out. Jones would take down Cormier with ease and Jones would feel bigger and stronger while Cormier felt weaker.

more like dc trip. jones taking dc down in the 4th round is more on dc gassing. If jones wanted to prove a point, should have been with an emphatic takedown in 1st round

more like dc trip. jones taking dc down in the 4th round is more on dc gassing. If jones wanted to prove a point, should have been with an emphatic takedown in 1st round

He caught a kick, took him down, and almost got his back. If you get taken down off a caught kick it's not an accidental trip.

This is a pile of shit. You're being ridiculous. Jones was trolling in the aftermath of the "brawl", saying he took him down when you can clearly see DC was forced onto the floor by others in the melee. You need to grow up, this is fanboy triumphalism at its silliest and worst.

He proved he is the most dominate LHW chapion ever, end of discussion, you can't argue it without looking dumb.

So what point are you talking about?

Your tears taste good.

He caught a kick, took him down, and almost got his back. If you get taken down off a caught kick it's not an accidental trip.

Trip = pushing his leg out from underneath him. Which is what Jones did after catching his kick. That's not a real wrestling takedown. Rashad took down Davis repeatedly that way (catching his kicks) and we all know Davis is the better wrestler.

He proved he is the most dominate LHW chapion ever, end of discussion, you can't argue it without looking dumb.

Your tears taste good.
point is, you love the taste of jons nuts in your mouth dumb

This is a pile of shit. You're being ridiculous. Jones was trolling in the aftermath of the "brawl", saying he took him down when you can clearly see DC was forced onto the floor by others in the melee. You need to grow up, this is fanboy triumphalism at its silliest and worst.

I realize Jones was trolling in the brawl aftermath but what he said while trolling basically came true. I'm not saying it was all preordained but that's what happened. Jones easily took down Cormier. Cormier said Jones felt bigger and stronger. Jones said Cormier felt weaker.

Your tears taste good.

'dominant'

jones also said he was gonna do malicious and violent things to cormier...jones clearly won the fight but that never really materialised, did it? jones never got off any of his usual spinny shit, dc was too quick...gotta taste a bit rank as well when a guy you taunted as being fat and weak picks you up against your will at the end of a fight, goes for a walk and then drops you on the floor.

mehhhh gotta admit im butthurt and it looks bad

I+will+not+say+do+not+weel+for+not+all+tears+are+an+evil.jpg

To be fair to Cormier the first take down was a trip from catching a kick. Not the typical wrestling technique as ...well you don't kick in wrestling hehe.
But the 2 double legs against the cage...yea Jones made them look effortless.

To be fair to Cormier the first take down was a trip from catching a kick. Not the typical wrestling technique as ...well you don't kick in wrestling hehe.
But the 2 double legs against the cage...yea Jones made them look effortless.
by that time, dc was already gassed. not much of a statement compared to taking dc down (real wrestling takedown) in 1st round

I love how the DC fanboys (Jones haters) have gone from "Jones has no chance in hell of taking down DC" to now downplaying EVERY. SINGLE. TAKEDOWN. Jones scored on DC.

It's really sad.

Trip = pushing his leg out from underneath him. Which is what Jones did after catching his kick. That's not a real wrestling takedown. Rashad took down Davis repeatedly that way (catching his kicks) and we all know Davis is the better wrestler.

Speaking purely in terms of double legs, who took down the other more times, Jones or DC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back