Jones chose to fight the way he did, but had a plan B

Mixedfights

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He used plan A to test himself against the "grinder" Olympic wrestler. I guarantee if DC hurt Jones in the clinch or made him feel over powered he would have switched to his bread and butter.

A true champ challenges himself against his opponents game (in the octagon) because you cant replicate that in the gym.

Plan B for Jones is to keep range , use his reach to pepper DC ,circle and defend the TD.

He instead lowered his head, fought in close and wrestled.

He became better in this fight in that area without going into plan B

Christians don't use plan B. Jones' baby momma can confirm.

He used plan A to test himself against the "grinder" Olympic wrestler. I guarantee if DC hurt Jones in the clinch or made him feel over powered he would have switched to his bread and butter.

A true champ challenges himself against his opponents game (in the octagon) because you cant replicate that in the gym.

Plan B for Jones is to keep range , use his reach to pepper DC ,circle and defend the TD.

He instead lowered his head, fought in close and wrestled.

He became better in this fight in that area without going into plan B

LOL more like because he couldn't. most of his striking was shut down because DC wasn't stupid enough to stand on the outside like most of his opponents.

Jones was using his wrestling defensively for 3 rounds. His focus was to stick, position, and defend against takedowns. He turned into an offensive wrestler in the 4th and 5th rounds getting under the shorter man. He grinded DC out from there.

Jones is one of the best I have seen at making adjustments mid fight.

Jones was leaning on cormier to gas his arms and take his ability to wrestle away plus the body shots on the way in took there toll on DC coming into 4th and 5th round

Lmfao

So Jones got his ass beat by Gus to "challenge himself" ????

Back