Jones beat Reyes, but is he creepy?

EatMyShorts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jones is the champ, no doubt. Delivers, best LHW of all time.

Damn DAYUM he's creepy.

At the weigh ins, he's looking to the side like 9/11 is happening 4 blocks away, but he pushes his body right up to Reyes - like he's trying to be passive aggressive, but show him who's daddy at the same time.

Part of his personality I guess, part of what makes him great - but also..... creepy.

You can sense his temperament in the fight being just the same - and really that's what won him the fight.
He didn't "hurt" his opponent more, at all - he just asserted himself, pushed his opponent back, fought through the fatigue like it was 2nd nature.

In an mma scored fight - meh.
But if that was a street fight with no time limits, no way Jones could not be thought of as the winner.

CLEAR winner.

He plays a very subtle mental game; not one that he even has to think about cause, it's what he is.
It's his character.

Same as McGregor - people ramble on about "mental warfare" - it's just his character coming into play.
Not premeditated, not thought out or contrived.

Funny thing is - rivalry with Cormier - Cormier is an absolute "daddy" also.
It's no wonder to me they had the rivalry that they did.
One trying to be the more assertive "daddy" than the other - it's just Jones puts a more subtle passive-aggressive spin on it.

My honest thoughts are, until someone with a stronger character comes along that can handle the passive-aggressive creepy but domineering factor - no one's gonna beat a fit and prime Jones.

Stipe beat Cormier when he slipped and slid underneath - but for all the domineering bullshinanignas, we all know Jones won't fight a heavyweight.

Bottom line is, an outstanding champion, but can never be mainstream - cause creepy just ain't sexy.

<Goldie11><JonesLaugh><mma1>

Jon is too Subtle. He needs to step it up to be GOAT.

Silva_the_playa.jpg

The real question is; whose left for Jones at 205? Corey Anderson/Jan?

Back