Jones at heavyweight discussion needs to end

ibrar faiz

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
People are always pushing for jones to leave LHW and join HW. Lets face it this wont happen for along time now. Jones vs gustaf 2, jones vs glover, jones vs cormier etc.

Lets face it if Jones went to HW vs cain:
Jones cant take him down
Cain takes him down
Cain GnP him
Cain stronger
Cain better stamina

I also dont see him taking on JDS, JDS's TDD is immense and will be significantly stronger after he fights cain for the 3rd time. Also on the feet JDS would light him up

Also just want to say when Cain beats jds, schaub, werdum = he will be the p4p no.1. Ofc GSP will always have a say but when you dont finish your opponents it takes something away from your wins and the only way to decide whos 1 or 2 when they dominate is who dominates in a more desvestating fashion

What about that fight showed that cain could take down jones or has better stamina or has better gnp?

I believe JJ can go to HW in 3 years or so, when he's bigger

I think the discussion would end if people would stop bringing up how Jones has nothing at HW. You're the only guys who aren't putting an end to it.

So because Cain might be better than him he cannot go to HW? If he cant go to HW because Cain is there, then why is 99% of the HW weight class not fighting at 205?

So because Cain might be better than him he cannot go to HW? If he cant go to HW because Cain is there, then why is 99% of the HW weight class not fighting at 205?

Because right now he is the king of LHW, he is arguably the great light heavyweight ever, hes already broke the defence record. He would never leave this position if he couldnt become champion in that division. Should be obvious really....

and at people saying what makes you think cain can take down jones? Jones got outwrestled by Gustaffson. And this is cain we are talking about they arent evn comparable. And stamina? Jones wasnt doing so well stamina wise that entire fight, Cain would make him work 10 times harder and wouldnt give up the pace at all

Jones at HW would be a disaster. Brennan Schlub would shut him down before he even got to a title fight.

What about that fight showed that cain could take down jones or has better stamina or has better gnp?

You're trolling now.. His stamina might not be as good as JBJ (can still last 5 rounds) but you questioning Cain's wrestling and gnp makes your post sus. Plus who knows how Jones's cardio will be with 20lbs of muscle added.

I've been sayin it for a while TS Jones is talented no doubt but I have a hard time seeing him break that top 5.

I think we all saw that Jones cant take getting hit in the face. He was completely turning away from punches and giving strong reactions when he was getting hit. In the entire LHW division, he can keep people way outside and pick them apart and have the leverage to throw them to the ground. With Gus, he didn't have the leverage and he couldn't just keep him away. Gus just didn't have the power in his hands to drop Jones with a big shot. Partly because I don't think he has the power to do it, but also because Jones covered and bailed when he was getting punched and Gus never landed that flush shot. Credit to Jones.

The problem with HWT is those guys are mostly comparable to Gus and swinging around cinder blocks on their hands. They have the power to knock Jones out with a glancing shot and they have the size and leverage to get in his face and stay there.

You're trolling now.. His stamina might not be as good as JBJ (can still last 5 rounds) but you questioning Cain's wrestling and gnp makes your post sus. Plus who knows how Jones's cardio will be with 20lbs of muscle added.

I've been sayin it for a while TS Jones is talented no doubt but I have a hard time seeing him break that top 5.

I don't know where I questioned it? But I dont think yesterday showed that cain will be able to take down jones or has better gnp than him.

Here's the thing to remember, everyone forgets, but from top to bottom, the HW division has the least amount of overall talent out of all divisions in the UFC, and traditionally always has for years.

This is not to say that Jones would win the HW title necessarily, but I think he could come in at 205 and probably still beat over half of the division based on his skill alone. Think about it, this is a division that once featured title fights such as Tim Sylvia vs. Jeff Monson, Arlovski vs. Buentello, and once had a 40 something former champ come out of retirement and win back the title. That's not going to happen in any other weight class.

So could Jones move to HW and cause noise, absolutely, he may not be top 3, but probably better than 90% of the division....

its a good thing this is obvious now, I knew how obvious it was before this fight jones finally fights someone his size and most people think he lost the decision, vs heavyweights he would get tko'd

I don't know where I questioned it? But I dont think yesterday showed that cain will be able to take down jones or has better gnp than him.

I know we can easily compare gus and cain with equal cardio/wrestling/strength

the reason the discussion needs to end is because Jones is a light heavyweight, not a heavyweight.
When and if he's ready to move up he will be dominant as a HW anyway and the haters will start complaining about the lack of talent at HW. LOL it's a neverending circle of stupidity.

Why is Gus fighting at 205 and not at heavyweight? And why isn't anyone lobbying for his move to HW?

In comparison to Jones current champs like Aldo, GSP, Barao are equally big or bigger for their weightclasses. Not even talking about former champs like Anderson or Bendo.

also Jones by submission, just calling it way ahead of time

I think we all saw that Jones cant take getting hit in the face. He was completely turning away from punches and giving strong reactions when he was getting hit. In the entire LHW division, he can keep people way outside and pick them apart and have the leverage to throw them to the ground. With Gus, he didn't have the leverage and he couldn't just keep him away. Gus just didn't have the power in his hands to drop Jones with a big shot. Partly because I don't think he has the power to do it, but also because Jones covered and bailed when he was getting punched and Gus never landed that flush shot. Credit to Jones.

The problem with HWT is those guys are mostly comparable to Gus and swinging around cinder blocks on their hands. They have the power to knock Jones out with a glancing shot and they have the size and leverage to get in his face and stay there.

Yeah I agree, Jones wasn't the same fighter when he couldn't bully his opponent.
He better be thankful that Gus lacks serious one punch power ( been saying it for years) even if Jones also has a chin.

Bigger men at HW would be a problem for him, I'd favor six or seven of the top 10 over him

the reason the discussion needs to end is because Jones is a light heavyweight, not a heavyweight.
When and if he's ready to move up he will be dominant as a HW anyway and the haters will start complaining about the lack of talent at HW. LOL it's a neverending circle of stupidity.

Why is Gus fighting at 205 and not at heavyweight? And why isn't anyone lobbying for his move to HW?

In comparison to Jones current champs like Aldo, GSP, Barao are equally big or bigger for their weightclasses. Not even talking about former champs like Anderson or Bendo.

Because Jones is the one who said he wanted to go to HW. You must be new here and a Jones ball massager.

Jones has nothing for HW. The first time he fought someone his own size, he couldn't do anything.

Bro, Gus is a better Boxer than JDS and Jones still rocked him. Wtf are you talking about?

Jones has nothing for HW. The first time he fought someone his own size, he couldn't do anything.

Such an idiotic post considering Jones fought Bonnar who has an inch more than Gus's reach and is 6'4" but heavier than Gus before cutting weight.

Jones suplex him and control that fight.

Gus came in with much better wrestling and takedown defense than Bonnar which is why he gave Jones problems.

Back