• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jones Accused of Hesitating to Rematch Reyes

Should Jones fight Reyes next?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
source.gif

“I know the UFC is on board,” Reyes told MMA Junkie. “I know I’m on board. The issue is Jon right now. He’s going to say he’s down online, obviously on Twitter. When he gets those contracts in front of him, he’s a little different. That’s where we’re at.

giphy.gif

“The last fight was a pure dog fight. I don’t think he wants to do that again.

tenor.gif

"I don’t think he wants these hands again. He doesn’t want to get in this dog fight with me. That’s where we’re at.

source.gif

“Well, (expletive), man,” Reyes said. “I feel like I was wronged on Feb. 8. I’m not OK with that. I’m not just living my life like, ‘Oh yeah. It’s cool. I got robbed. I’m not going to do anything about it. I want to rematch him. I want to fight him again with judges who are a little more competent.

“We’ve got to wait for all of this COVID-19 stuff and everything, so they can make decisions. They have to figure out what they’re going to do with him. Hopefully, they don’t punish him so I can get that rematch pretty quickly, right on my timeline. If not, I’m the No. 1 guy, so we’ll figure it out.

“I’m pretty damn confident,” Reyes said. “I’m very confident. As for a percentage, I’d say there’s a 90-something percent chance – somewhere in the 90s – that it happens in 2020.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/04/dominick-reyes-vs-jon-jones-rematch-ufc-on-board-video

InsistentWhimsicalAlbacoretuna-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_os4vld8pRb1udfb8oo1_500.gifv

Last edited:
Jones should move on to bigger and better things. GOAT's shouldn't have to take steps back.

So tired of these pointless rematches. Some new blood please. Mma fighters barely fight once a year so let us see some new shit

I'm ok w jon fighting Jan first,and reyes getting the winner

So tired of these pointless rematches. Some new blood please. Mma fighters barely fight once a year so let us see some new shit
That’s how I’m feeling. It was a close fight, but I don’t like it when titles are tied up with the same match up for 3 years at a time. The thing is, if jones loses they just run it back AGAIN. Like ok, it was a close fight, then let Dom trash someone, bounce back, and get the title after he has some momentum and we get w fresh look at jon fighting someone else

That’s how I’m feeling. It was a close fight, but I don’t like it when titles are tied up with the same match up for 3 years at a time. The thing is, if jones loses they just run it back AGAIN. Like ok, it was a close fight, then let Dom trash someone, bounce back, and get the title after he has some momentum and we get w fresh look at jon fighting someone else
Agree. Jones usually kills his opps in a rematch anyway. Don fucked up like Smith did. You had the chance

In this case I’m fine either way. There’s not a ton going on at LHW, and it was a close fight. I’m ok with the rematch, and I’d also be ok with Jones fighting Blachowicz, and Reyes fighting someone else. You could even book Reyes vs Santos if Santos isn’t still injured. Either is fine with me.

Meh, GOAT like Jones has bigger fish to fry. It was a closer fight, but still a UD for GOAT.

Meh, GOAT like Jones has bigger fish to fry. T.
Im curious,who you think is a bigger fish for him to fry?

he could fight Jan,but thats not exactly a bigger fight,theres no heat or history there.

Dom will beat him, Jon is just getting older and more mentally unstable. Dom will finish him

Im curious,who you think is a bigger fish for him to fry?

he could fight Jan,but thats not exactly a bigger fight,theres no heat or history there.

I think Jones beats Jan and moves HW to fight DC or Stipe.

It was Reyes' first five round fight, he's the one with the biggest margin of improvement. And I thought Reyes won 3-2 anyway.
All things considered,he did amazing. He just has to up his conditioning now that hes tasted the 5 rder

It was Reyes' first five round fight, he's the one with the biggest margin of improvement. And I thought Reyes won 3-2 anyway.
People thought Gus won too. Look what happened in the rematch. Im not interested at all in this rematchh

People thought Gus won too. Look what happened in the rematch. Im not interested at all in this rematchh

Because Jones won one rematch without cheating, at least officially, he can't lose any rematch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back