Jonathan Jones Looking Thicc And Juicy

I think the easiest way to take ngannou down is with a single leg takedown, jones never do that but DC was good with single leg. Francis upperbody is strong as fuck I don't see jones taking him down
I hope we'll find out man!
I would say more of a diverse/ mixed bag.

His last two opponents were the first to really challenge him / stifle his domination of the kicking game. Reyes even said before the fight, if he didn’t challenge him in that realm that he had no chance.

Jon’s typical domination of the kicking game over most of his opponents is what allows him to masterfully control the distance and mitigate damage. Which, to date is what has made him one of the least hit fighters in mma history.

Ngannou is a fighter who will be coming with a boxing cantered attack. He’s not someone who’s going to stifle / neutralize that aspect of his game.

He’s obviously dangerous but people are being ignorant / short sighted to believe Jon, with the diversity of tools, talent in striking and defence has no potential for success on the feet.
I agree with pretty much everything (to full extent), but i think Francis has a good chance of sleeping Jon.
While Ngannou isn't the best technician, he's actually a really good counter puncher and he's shown a few nice things in the short affair that was the second Stipe fight, like shifting through strikes and the reversed takedown.
That and his combination of speed, power and reach plus height (Jones' reach advantage will in reality be the thickness of a thumb against Francis) are what make me think Ngannou beats Jones, if the latter doesn't outwrestle or submit him.

I think the easiest way to take ngannou down is with a single leg takedown, jones never do that but DC was good with single leg. Francis upperbody is strong as fuck I don't see jones taking him down
Striking sets up takedowns.

timing overcomes strength

Wrestling obviously isn’t about strength either but technique and leverage.

Ngannou was just as strong in the first Stipe fight. Initially he shrugged off those attempts but it was the diversity of attack and timing that got him.

I hope we'll find out man!

I agree with pretty much everything (to full extent), but i think Francis has a good chance of sleeping Jon.
While Ngannou isn't the best technician, he's actually a really good counter puncher and he's shown a few nice things in the short affair that was the second Stipe fight, like shifting through strikes and the reversed takedown.
That and his combination of speed, power and reach plus height (Jones' reach advantage will in reality be the thickness of a thumb against Francis) are what make me think Ngannou beats Jones, if the latter doesn't outwrestle or submit him.
It’s definitely possible but Jon’s entire career has been fought against guys with a boxing centred attack who could conceivably sleep him in one punch.

Jon is a very hard person to hit cleanly, especially when he’s able to control / dictate the range with his kicks.

Ngannou can sleep anyone on the planet but I think the diversity of Jon’s skill set and defence will make it a lot more difficult than people seem to realize, even in a straight up striking matchup.

yeah his ass looks bigger (no homo)

His ass looks great (No Homer / No Schlomo)

a6368f4b876d314a1b6f6ed17af5d8431aac68a2.jpg

It’s definitely possible but Jon’s entire career has been fought against guys with a boxing centred attack who could conceivably sleep him in one punch.

Jon is a very hard person to hit cleanly, especially when he’s able to control / dictate the range with his kicks.

Ngannou can sleep anyone on the planet but I think the diversity of Jon’s skill set and defence will make it a lot more difficult than people seem to realize, even in a straight up striking matchup.
Fair enough i guess.

Most importantly, this fight *seems* to happen and i'm hella excited to it.

Why people don't attack those chicken legs is beyond me. He has no meat on the lower half to protect his nerves from damage and ultimately the ability to operate properly.

Back