Jon Madsen where is he

untouchable one

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey people have a question where in the hell did jon madsen go 4 and 1 in the ufc?

a couple years ago he created a screanname on sherdog.net....he posts here once in awhile

But seriously, does anyone have info on jon?

He got cut.

He got screwed by the UFC, shame what happened to him.

Good question, where is Jon Madsen? Or better yet, Jon Madsen is where?

He signed with Bellator in 2012 and then was mysteriously released before ever actually fighting for them.

His fight with Yvel was pretty cool.
But besides that fight he was pretty much a fat guy that just held top position from the guard and did enough to not get stood up. He was really good at it though which promted the UFC to take notice and cut him after he was stopped for the first time by ironically another fat guy Mike Russow.

he needs to come back. with better GNP he could be a force.

It doesn't get much better than this

"Insert hammer fist of doom here"

Jon went to a farm up state man. he's doing well there, very well.

It was out of blue how UFC cut him after just 1 loss in UFC.

He is/was a beast when it came to top control its a shame that he rarely worked for subs or dropped some fist or bows on fools. I'm guessing with some more striking and sub training he would of been ranked for along time never champ but always top10. I cant really remember so I was wondering if anybody remember how durable his chin is/was?

Even though he tended to be boring it was probably 1 of the biggest bullshit cuts in UFC history.

Yeah I much rather watch guys Like Guillard or Garcia fight because they tend to always put on a good show, but cant beat good fighters. I guess its ok to loose 5 in a row as long as you are exciting which I agree with to a point. Yes it is entertainment, but its still a sport and I think no matter how exciting you are guys like Hardy,Melvin and Garcia should be gone. Dana talks about only having the best of the best yet he lets these SCHMUCKS stick around, but cuts a guy after going 4-1 because fans thought he was boring. Ya everybody thought he was boring, but to me it seemed that he got a little bit more exciting with each fight. He was still new to MMA and most of the time pure wrestlers aren't that exciting at the start of their careers that's why I think Dana should of given him more time and the fact that he was FUCKING 8-1 with his only loss coming the number 4 HW in the world(just my opinion some might argue that as FACT) in RUSSOW.

damn what a blab and IDK if it even makes that good of sense

EDIT: Shit I just looked at his WIKI and completely forgot that his lone loss in the UFC was by Dr. stoppage. To me that makes the cut even shittier because he didn't want to quit yet had to. COMPLETE & UDDER BULLSHIT SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last i heard, he was working in a walmart in sioux falls. menswear i think.

He is/was a beast when it came to top control its a shame that he rarely worked for subs or dropped some fist or bows on fools. I'm guessing with some more striking and sub training he would of been ranked for along time never champ but always top10. I cant really remember so I was wondering if anybody remember how durable his chin is/was?

He was knocked out by Schaub on TUF 10. He seemed to hold up fine once he was in the UFC, but he has been knocked out before.

Even though he tended to be boring it was probably 1 of the biggest bullshit cuts in UFC history.

I think Dana should of given him more time and the fact that he was FUCKING 8-1 with his only loss coming the number 4 HW in the world(just my opinion some might argue that as FACT) in RUSSOW.

We all know Russow was never even close to #4 in the world, so I am not sure where you were going with this. Madsen's release was definitely uncalled for, but 4 of his 5 fights (not vs. Yvel), were booed by fans, and he must not have made a good impression on Joe Silva. I think the UFC was just waiting to cut Madsen as soon as he lost his first fight, even if it was due to a cut.

Back