• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jon Jones vs. Cyril Gane. UFC 285. March, 4th (Jones Confirms in Video)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Jones need a lot of picto to take Gane down.

Hope he sorts his supplementation.

OP you're on drugs. Jon picked Gane because he's bearable. Probably even moreso than Stipe given their styles and weaknesses. Let's not forget Tuivasa dropped Gane on his ass.

I'll believe Jon isn't retired the moment he steps foot in the octagon. Until then, this fight is just a hypothetical situation. It's Schroedingers fight.

I think the complete opposite. UFC need Jones to win, it'd be a disaster if the guy who just lost to Francis then won a paper championship. They've made this match up because the matchmakers know Gane can't wrestle for shit, and they think Jones will win. They're not always right when they do this kind of thing, but they normally are.
Dude, he barely lost that fight. He was on top in the last round and went for a heel hook while tired and Francis just stayed on top the rest of the round to win a 48-47.

Francis had to wrestle after being outclassed in the feet the first 2 rounds. Nobody expected that, certainly not Gane. In a rematch already knowing this and preparing himself for this, things would habe been very different. Francis is not a real wrestler.

And UFC doesn't "need" Jones to win. If they can sell you that Figgy is the best 125 in the world when DJ is still fighting and winning, then they can sell you fools a "Gane 2.0 that stopped Jon Jones' takedowns" being the best in the world easily.

I'll believe Jon isn't retired the moment he steps foot in the octagon. Until then, this fight is just a hypothetical situation. It's Schroedingers fight.
I think Jones will beat his wife again or do something illegal to duck Gane.

Lol at people thinking the guy who got outwrestled by Ngannou has any chance vs Jones

Everyone saying
'Jones will outwrestle blahblahblah....'
Nope.

He couldn't take Reyes and Santos down, what makes you think he could take down one of the biggest, strongest HW who is bigger than Jones?

I think the complete opposite. UFC need Jones to win, it'd be a disaster if the guy who just lost to Francis then won a paper championship. They've made this match up because the matchmakers know Gane can't wrestle for shit, and they think Jones will win. They're not always right when they do this kind of thing, but they normally are.
I agree that is a good look and opportunity for the UFC and that's why they won this fight, but Gane can also be a legit champ if it goes the other way and its win-win

Hw Jones and lhw Jones are different.

Alot of people are thinking about 205 pound Jones going up to fight Cyril. We don't know what Jones will look like

Gane is just much better at every aspect of MMA except wrestling.

Not in clinch grappling, clinch striking, fence grappling, ground positioning top or bottom, ground and pound offense or defense, every aspect of submissions. Furthermore experience, cardio, possibly durability, certain kicks, spinning shit and every dirty trick in the book.

Favor Gane all you want, he is a worthy possible winner, but your statement is wrong.

Agreed. Imagine if it was Curtis vs Jones and if Curtis had won with him having two losses to Francis, it'll definitely make big Frank look good.

Lol at people thinking the guy who got outwrestled by Ngannou has any chance vs Jones
Gane was also tired as well, despite Ngannou not doing anything on ground at all so not only he will be concerned about the wrestling part, it’s Jones unlimited stamina and his relentless pressure that compromises the opponent’s mobility in later rounds from an accumulation of damage. Every one of his opponents (yes OP, including Santos and Reyes) had the face of regret in round 4 and fought with limping legs while Jones look fresh out of round 1.

Jones is not exactly Karelin wrestling wise.

Hope he finishes takedown. But it will take a lot of strength. A lot.

I'm sure someone has said it earlier in the thread, but this fight won't happen. It's Jones, there will be some fuckup that prevents it.

He couldn't take Reyes and Santos down, what makes you think he could take down one of the biggest, strongest HW who is bigger than Jones?

Because both Santos and Reyes have substantially better TDD than Gane.

If Jones beats Gane, I bet we see Francis back in the UFC.

FRANCIS has sat out this long already, what's 2 more months to see if he has to beat Jones.

It probably also adds leverage to negotiating with outside sources, because of the Jones/Ngaunnu title fight opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back