• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jon Jones vs. Cyril Gane. UFC 285. March, 4th (Jones Confirms in Video)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
B-b-but Jones ducking heavyweight!

Compare Izzy talking about maybe fighting at LHW, 2 months later hes doing it. Or what Volks doing now.

To Jones.... 10 years ago

Jones has been ducking HW for nearly a decade. Seriously ducking for the last 2-3 years.

Eventually his time runs out and he has to show. Doesn't change the fact he ducked.

Compare Izzy talking about maybe fighting at LHW, 2 months later hes doing it. Or what Volks doing now.

Jones has been ducking HW for nearly a decade. Seriously ducking for the last 2-3 years.

Eventually his time runs out and he has to show. Doesn't change the fact he ducked.
Doesn’t matter. He’s moving up. Stay mad.

Jones gonna serve this dude, on neighborhood crip

Won't believe till fight night ...

Anyways nothing about this fight is interesting imo

Only if Jones wins and all the sudden Francis comes back

It wasn't that hes not good its he wasn't as good as the hype. Thats still good enough to be possibly the best in the division but he was not what I thought he'd be when he was hyped as the greatest HW ever.

Santos was injury free when Jones fought him, at least for the first round and change anyway.

Again not that Gane has no power but not power that'd be something Jones has never seen before or a unique threat. Not that Francis is better than Gane or has a chance of KO'ing Jones, he has a round maybe 2 or hes done but it's something new. While I don't think Francis is likely to KO Jones it's the "unique threat" that all the "Jones is ducking HW" clowns were talking about. Gane is just a worse LHW.

And yes Jones might be sabatoging himself with the mobility by putting on weight. But DC did that and he still provided an opponent Stipe wasn't used to(would have won Stipe trilogy if he didn't try KO'ing Stipe in the rematch).

Gane finished Lewis and Tai, he has more power than Jones but neither guy is a power puncher. All Jones would have done against Tai or Lewis is win in a boring point fight or get knocked out

Gane wins by better striking. Maybe not a TKO finish but Jones gers outclassed

He held out until Ngannou left the UFC and refused to fight prime Stipe. He even said he wouldn’t fight DC at HW because it would be a disadvantage.

It’s weird that his fans are taking a victory lap after 10 years of teasing a HW jump lol.

Did you see Gane finish Derrick and Tuivasa? You know, the two hardest hitters not named Francis Ngannou

Yes because they fight like Jones right? They are heavy bags. Against Jones it will be the most boring point fight you have ever seen.

Gane finished Lewis and Tai, he has more power than Jones but neither guy is a power puncher. All Jones would have done against Tai or Lewis is win in a boring point fight
Gane has plenty power when he decides to sit down on his punches, it's just not his game, speed is. This idea that Gane has no power is preposterous in my opinion.

Very tough to pick as there’s so many unknowns with Jones. I’m tentatively picking Gane for now, but it hinges on Jones still being able to wrestle. If he can, he probably beats Cyril, who has limited wrestling snd no ground game. If he can’t anymore, and I’m kinds thinking he can’t, I think we have to favor Gane. Gane has been active, is in prime, and in a weight class that Jones has never competed in.

Gane finished Lewis and Tai, he has more power than Jones but neither guy is a power puncher. All Jones would have done against Tai or Lewis is win in a boring point fight

The Lewis win is not as impressive as it was. He's becoming a gatekeeper that everyone relevant is expected to beat. When Gane beat him it was a big deal, that was for the title maybe thats part of Ganes hype getting overblown.

Everyone has more power than Jones you're not really proving anything there. There's nothing wrong with winning a 5-0 decision.

Be honest - who the fuck was waking up today and expecting to see Jones vs Gane announced?

I am fucking psyched for this fight!!!
I dreamt it last night, so I knew with 100% certainty that it was gonna be announced today. I just decided to keep quite and let it be a surprise for everyone.
<JonesLaugh>

Interesting matchup I favor Gane as JJ has been...inactive for years now but who knows if he gets Gane down he could gain the HW title.

Wow. I think prime Jones takes Gane down and obliterates him with elbows and whatever he wants... Times have changed however. Gane most likely out strikes any version of Jones and I have confidence he can defend any grappling Jon employs at this point in his career. If this fight happens, props to Jon for taking a very tough assignment with not a lot of name recognition legacy wise imo (that could change however). Bad match up for him imo, and a very tough challenge coming off a multi year layoff.

Back