Jon Jones training on the monkey bars

Let me know when he gets to this level.

That's not hard to do. He's not even doing pull ups.

Edit: that first clip I was talking about. Those pull ups on the second clip are decent for a guy his weight.
Jon posted it in a bragging way. You over here telling everyone it's easy. I expect an upload to youtube and a video of you in the next 10 minutes. Just kidding. I know you are a fat lazy slob who just runs his mouth. Lol.

I spent half my child hood on the bars lol. No skip, double skip,reverse, monkey hang? DISAPPOINTED. On a side note, book a fucking fight already. You already wasted enough time off / legal shit / suspensions. Shit or get of the pot.

One fight every 215 days in the UFC isn't exactly a great pace...

I can’t be the only one who thinks he looks terrible lately, right?

I have no opinion on a grown man training by swinging on monkey bars, but his body looks so bloated and just not good. This man is getting slept if he ever steps in a cage with Francis.
How do you think bulking works?

First things first, body weight exercises will humble many lifters and actually require a deceptive level of functional, full-body strength. I do think many of you are downplaying the athleticism here.

But, that said, training this for a few weeks or a month and doing the bars/chin-ups in the video are pretty easily attainable. I do think it shows John is at least training to carry his weight and has been varying his regimen.

Overall though, I am disappoint. If I were a millionaire who's livelihood was based on beating the shit out of the guy across the cage from me, I'm pretty sure I'd have achieved better results than Jones by now.

It seems that either John's body just doesn't want the weight or he's absolutely neglecting something (sleep/rest, diet, cardio, # days, stress, too much alcohol, who knows) because the visual of him just doesn't seem to match a top level athlete going balls out to add some muscle mass and for many months already.

Anybody saying this is hard to do must be bigger fat asses that Jon.

Monkey bars were my favourite at the jungle gym

Man all this training and talking all to get ktfo when he finally steps in to fight Francis

Makes that shit look easy and it is NOT. Especially for a man 240 plus pounds..
Lol this is a joke. Definitely takes training but for a pro athlete, no big deal. This is yet another poor social media choice by Jon.

Last edited:
Lol this is a joke. Definitely takes training but for a pro athlete, no big deal. This is yet another poor social media choice by Jon.

Thank you. People make it sound like he's some fat 240+ lber swinging his weight around. He clearly has the muscle mass on his back and arms that make this relatively easy. Sherdog brag but I'm 195 and could likely do the first video with a 45 lb plate.

I also roll my eyes when people are critical of ATHLETES doing 'quarter squats'. It's a reflection of their lack of sports training knowledge because I'm pretty sure LeBron and his trainers know what the fuck he's doing. Literally google any kinesiology study on quarter squats and why they're better for athletic performance when the goal isn't absolute strength or muscle hypertrophy.

https://sigmanutrition.com/quarter-squats/

You mean the generic animal bars

Monkey bars are hard as shit now that I’m older

Thank you. People make it sound like he's some fat 240+ lber swinging his weight around. He clearly has the muscle mass on his back and arms that make this relatively easy. Sherdog brag but I'm 195 and could likely do the first video with a 45 lb plate.

I also roll my eyes when people are critical of ATHLETES doing 'quarter squats'. It's a reflection of their lack of sports training knowledge because I'm pretty sure LeBron and his trainers know what the fuck he's doing. Literally google any kinesiology study on quarter squats and why they're better for athletic performance when the goal isn't absolute strength or muscle hypertrophy.

https://sigmanutrition.com/quarter-squats/
I wasn't expecting to learn about the underrated nature of quarter squats, thanks pal.

Reminds of the old terrorist training videos where they walk across monkey bars and shit.... preparing to assault the playground.

Back