Jon Jones is 17-0 in UFC title fights

No he's not, he hasn't even had 17 UFC title fights. He's 14-0-1. Ovince St Preux was an interim fight that he got stripped of anyway for steroids, and one of his DC fights became a NC after he got busted for steroids.

He still won the fights. You might as well say he's not undefeated because Hamill beat him back in 2009.

If you really want to be pedantic, you can still correctly say he's had 16 straight title fights across multiple weight classes and hasn't lost a single one of them.

He still won the fights. You might as well say he's not undefeated because Hamill beat him back in 2009.

If you really want to be pedantic, you can still correctly say he's had 16 straight title fights across multiple weight classes and hasn't lost a single one of them.
It wouldn't be 17 even if you include the OSP fight that wasn't a real title fight and the NC.

The only way he's not the Goat is if PEDs are an automatic disqualifier for you it's a stance I can respect.

If they are not an auto disqualifier for you and he's not your Goat then you're brain damaged

I am the first one to say Jones is discredited due to his PED failures, but man that resume is insane.

The guy fought every single contender across 3 eras of the sport. He won the title when we actually had all the top heavyweights under one org and defended against all of them.

Then after actually clearing his division he went up to HW and won that belt well and truly past his prime.

I wish he went up and fought at HW around the Gus 2 fight when DC was champ for the trilogy. Him not going up was a terrible decision because he arguably lost to Reyes/Thiago and his defences around that time meant nothing to his overall legacy.

Would be the Goat by a clear margin, if he didn't fight in a drug tested org and fail miserably. I don't think he is as successful without the drugs though. He basically used it as a way to cram for his fights and counteract the partying. It appears to have caught up to him now with the pec tear.

Makes you laugh at guys like Islam and Leon wanting to chase the belt above, without even racking up 3-5 defences when you look at what Jones and that era of guys did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back