• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jon Jones In Trouble for Supposedly Threatening to Kill Drug Tester (Updated with Video of 'Incident'.)

Honest question - Why bother with this story,
I mean does anyone really think Jones will suffer any consequences for THIS? A threat? After the 10+ examples of Jones doing stupid shit and nothing happening?

Wouldn't be surprising if these types of supposesly-negative headlines are fabricated just to keep Jones in the headlines? Because media attention = money, in most circumstances.

This, except unironically. War Jones. idc if he juiced, juices or continues to juice he's the goat and anyone saying otherwise is just salty our GOAT Jones knocked their boy(s) out or submitted them
You are obese.

His brother Chandler is in a really disturbed state as well, been to the psych ward several times. Dude legitimately went crazy for a bit.
Involuntary 5150, all of that.

That star life when you hit that level of money is no joke, people talk from the sidelines, but let's be real. These are some of the strongest people around and that life beats them down, causing them to cope with alcohol, drugs and whatever else.

If most of you were in a similar position as these stars on weird downward spirals, you'd probably have drowned long ago.

I don't believe any of the Jones family are bad people deep down, but they're in an environment and level of wealth that is conducive to crazy shit. We've seen it through decades of witnessing the music, movie, entertainment industry. It's a common tale.

Cameras on you 24/7, no privacy whatsoever, everything you say and do is watched by millions of people worldwide and scrutinized, then there's drugs, women, soulless vultures of business people trying to extract anything they can from you and this just scratches the surface.

Don't justify the actions, but understand the life of a millionaire, mega star in the entertainment industry. Its not easy. Many go down hard.
Awwwwwww poor John. Everyone else would've done worse with that pressure.

*cough* GSP

"WTF Dana we had an agreement, no actual random drug tester to come by!?"

- Jon on the phone afterwards

Always trouble in Albuquerque. Imagine showing up at jon jones house announced demanding his pee. Like what did you expect?

Except it's not trespassing when you sign a contract with the UFC and agree to random drug testing at home.

They have the legal right to be on his property at that point. He can revoke that right and refuse the drug test, but that would result in an anti-doping violation.
Okay have fun when you're driving down a back country road and fake cops stop you.

Reactions: Qen
Doesn’t matter if it ended friendly. Threatening someone’s life is against the law and she has the right to file charges. If anything, good on the workers for managing to de escalate the situation in order to get their job done and leave safely

You sound like a beta male.

You are incorrect on the Reyes vs Jones fight. Reyes fought a great fight and won 3 rounds to 2 easily. Reyes did more damage, did better in the close exchanges, Jones literally turned tail and ran away from Reyes to the other side of the cage two or three times.
...Jones had an off night. It happens to the best of them.
...But Jones was gifted a decision.

He never lost.

If you let the champion always chasing you, always coming forward and controlling the cage, not even being able to put him in danger, don't be surprise to lose.

And that's what happened to Reyes : spent the whole fight fleeing while never hurting Jon Jones. If you want to win on points against a champion, try to look dominant at least like Sean against Adesanya.

Our criminal justice system is based on innocent until proven guilty. We shouldn’t have to blindly insert an assault, or reasonable fear of an assault. Yet nothing in our best piece of evidence suggests an assault or reasonable fear of an assault, had just taken place. Unless there’s some visual proof suggesting otherwise, law enforcement should rely heavily on this footage, which contradicts a logical notion that an assault had just taken place.
There is evidence of a crime: the woman’s testimony.

Her assistant (boyfriend) will provide testimony as well

Wasn’t Jones saying things like ”I wonder how many of you I could take on at the same time” when handcuffed and banging his head on the hood of a police car? While being surrounded by police men and being accused of beating his gf? In front of their children?

How does it come as a surprise that he’d say dumb shit to pee collectors in the comfort of his own house while being drunk? :eek:

Jon Jones being Jon Jones.

Doesn't surprise me, someone who supposedly a devout christian is living a hypocritical life.

Jon Jones being Jon Jones.

Doesn't surprise me, someone who supposedly a devout christian is living a hypocritical life.
What about the many fighters who are religious, which would be most of them, that don't get arrested or what have you? Do you ignore all of them or just root for the open atheists?
It is one thing to have a reddit mentality to religion, but picking fighters based on their beliefs seems weird when most of them are religious in some way.

What about the many fighters who are religious, which would be most of them, that don't get arrested or what have you? Do you ignore all of them or just root for the open atheists?
It is one thing to have a reddit mentality to religion, but picking fighters based on their beliefs seems weird when most of them are religious in some way.

No I don't root for anyone based on their religious beliefs or not, I just pointing out his flaws.

I actually like Jon Jones and I think he is second best MMA fighter ever. And he could be the best of all-time if he considered fighting Tom Aspinall and a few others. And he beats them than he's the GOAT no doubt.

But I got nothing against religious beliefs, that's fine if he believes that, but I'm just pointing out his hypocrisy.

To be honest we're all hypocrites to a degree. So be it.

No I don't root for anyone based on their religious beliefs or not, I just pointing out his flaws.

I actually like Jon Jones and I think he is second best MMA fighter ever. And he could be the best of all-time if he considered fighting Tom Aspinall and a few others. And he beats them than he's the GOAT no doubt.

But I got nothing against religious beliefs, that's fine if he believes that, but I'm just pointing out his hypocrisy.

To be honest we're all hypocrites to a degree. So be it.
"Doesn't surprise me that a devout Christian is a hypocrite" sounds less like you are angry at Jones and more that you are angry at religion, or more likely Christianity in general.

"Doesn't surprise me that a devout Christian is a hypocrite" sounds less like you are angry at Jones and more that you are angry at religion, or more likely Christianity in general.

That's a valid observation indeed. Yeah I'm not big into religion. I think a lot of the powerful religious people take advantage of the vulnerabilities of others who believe in that kind of thing.

I know that first hand because my uncle is a pastor and he uses his influence on others for monetary gain. It's a joke, but it's reality.

He should have killed him.

Drug testers are a cancer to sports. If you made the choice to do that as a career, you deserve whatever is coming to you.

Back