• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jon Jones has 1 More Fight Left, 2 at Most

IronGolem007

Po Atan
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's face it, if Jones retired right now, he would be considered the GOAT.

Especially after decimating GANE (whom Francis barely beat).

The only chapter left in Jones book is to face his (Heavyweight) peer, Stipe Miocic.

Once that chapter is closed, no matter how it goes, Jones' story, legacy (and contemporaries) are gone.

He doesn't need to concern himself with anyone else after that.

The final page of His Era will be written (for better or worse).

No one can continuously face "new contenders" forever ...

Jon already had the GOAT resume it's just how much weight you put on the steroid asterisks.

Gane did next to nothing for his legacy. He was never a champion, nor a fighter who had even fought a wrestler previously in his career. Just some random dude Jones fought at HW.

If Jones doesn't want to fight the next HW contender in Pav then he can vacate his paper belt that he won off no ground game Gane and fight old man Stipe for his "legacy" fight and retire as a paper champ

If Jon wins 4 more fights he sets the record for title defenses at HW. I hope he does it. Thats GOAT GOAT status. Fuck an asterisk.

Well if Jones' history tells us anything if he comes close to being beat (but the judges give him a gift decision) he will most likely vacate and move up a weight class.

So prepare for the Goof Dana to start talking up the need for a Super Heavyweight Division.

(I'm calling it now: Jones vs. Big Bob Sapp for the Super Heavyweight BMF Monster Energy Belt brought to you by Fanduel)

Seems about right. He did enough in eyes of retarded fans to be called GOAT so why he would risk anything?
Blindfolded fans won't recognize multiple fights on juice, DQ loss, controversial scorings, beating version of Gane that would be beaten by everyone for vacant belt and now only wanting to face safely against post KO old washed Stipe. They will only remember that he is undefeated and is 2 division champ.

Jon is going to retire. People are going to complain about Jon running away. Gane will starch Sergei in a title fight. People will then claim Jailton or Aspinall is the real challenger that Jon is ducking.

Jon is going to retire. People are going to complain about Jon running away. Gane will starch Sergei in a title fight. People will then claim Jailton or Aspinall is the real challenger that Jon is ducking.

I don't see it. Everyone will know he ducked Ngannou though.

Let's face it, if Jones retired right now, he would be considered the GOAT.
giphy.gif

Jones was already the GOAT since the Cormier fights

I don't see it. Everyone will know he ducked Ngannou though.
He didn't though. If you follow the timeline then you would realize the fight fell through when Francis didn't want to re up on his contract to fight Jones. Francis felt that it was too much risk and not enough money.

"If Jon Jones left right now he would be considered GOAT by gullible idiots".

Fixed it for you.
If not Jones then who? Any other fighter you can bring up he has an argument against. I get this is Sherdog and people like you have to be toxic because that's just how it be here but acting like Jones doesn't have a solid argument for GOAT status is just flat out denial. Even if you don't think he is you have to respect the fact that he has his name in the hat for it. But, you do you boo boo.

Cool story bro.

Jones is great and going to heavyweight is a great accomplishment. Let's not act like beating old man stipe and a guy who cant wrestle is cleaning out that division.

He went up and won, like the spider, conor, bj, randy, gsp all did.

Cool story bro.

Jones is great and going to heavyweight is a great accomplishment. Let's not act like beating old man stipe and a guy who cant wrestle is cleaning out that division.

He went up and won, like the spider, conor, bj, randy, gsp all did.
randy went down! :)

and i agree, beating stipe and gane doesn't really mean much in terms of goatness right now.

Jon already had the GOAT resume it's just how much weight you put on the steroid asterisks.

Gane did next to nothing for his legacy. He was never a champion, nor a fighter who had even fought a wrestler previously in his career. Just some random dude Jones fought at HW.

Gane a piece of the heavyweight belt df are yall on

Back