• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jon Jones drug test failure is 100% a set up.

Agree'd. I believe he was framed.

I dunno about framed, there's a slim possibility, and I can imagine Jones having quite a few enemies. However, I think even more likely is Jones made a mistake AGAIN.....by taking tainted supplements.

More likely to make the same mistake twice than be set up by malevolent entities.

But then again, is it even more likely that someone can be that stupid?

anything can happen. I'm sure his team and lawyers will make up some top notch lie and get off with a 4 year ban reduced to 2 years.

Ok so the thing about masking agents is that there are certain ones you can take that would allow you to test "clean" for a drug test , but it's only a masking agent it doesn't actually take the drugs out of your system and only masks them for a certain length of time , my guess would be he tested clean by using a masking agent and didn't anticipate the follow up drug test or figured he could mask it again and it didn't work as effectively the second go round . The guy tested positive for the steroid , and you're right it doesn't make sense for him to only take it at that time , my guess is he had been on it for much longer .

I could be wrong but I feel like it's pretty cut and dry that this is what happened to some degree .
I still can't buy that to be honest. Turinabol is literally one of the worst drugs to take. It's basically an evolved version of D-Bol. It's half life is shit and it's benefits are average at best.

Just basic testosterone would have been healthier for both his liver, given better performance and run much less risk of popping [And basic testosterone is a shit option].

I agree OP. It was the one armed man Harrison Ford was looking for.

Cheat smarter in 2-4 years, I guess.

<seedat>

Prob only the tip of the iceberg. And I don't mean lettuce.

Like some pro wrestler said, we'll get to the bottom of this.

I still can't buy that to be honest. Turinabol is literally one of the worst drugs to take. It's basically an evolved version of D-Bol. It's half life is shit and it's benefits are average at best.

Just basic testosterone would have been healthier for both his liver, given better performance and run much less risk of popping [And basic testosterone is a shit option].
I don't know enough about the drug to make an informed retort , could it be that one is easier to mask than another ? Or that you could reasonably cycle off one quicker than another in hopes that you don't get popped ? Legitimate questions on my part here .

There's a great documentary from Ben Johnson where he outlines exactly how he doped before winning gold in Seoul and breaking the world record.

He stopped cycling long before the Olympics, but tested positive in competition which is crazy. He was certain that he had been framed and it's logical. He is admitting to the steroids, but to have tested positive in competition was impossible.

They've tested all samples since that games and in retrospect, the entire field was doping. It seems like something similar here.

Jon is 100% on PED's. No doubt in my mind, but this is just the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

I'm not even a fan of Jones and I'm not suggesting that the history you quote wasn't real... it just seems SO OUTRAGEOUS/ ludicrous that he'd be using and/or get caught given EVERYTHING involved... specifically... the $$ involved.

If anyone can slip a trace amount of banned substances in your chili dog, then USADA should be null and void.

Seems very fishy / suspicious.

Is it easy for someone to spike in food or drink?

How long does this substance stay active in system?

Can they tell by concentration how much and when? (E.g. Metabolites 1 week vs 1 day).

Who would be motivated to setup / spike Jones ?

This could be a revenge animosity or also simple greed to advance another fighters career.

Conspiracy theories need more conspiracy plausible scenarios to help rule out or substantiate.

While Jones a prior offender just helps the setup even more. Get Jack Reacher on the case;/. This might get interesting.

Okay, so let's get one thing out of the way first. Jon is 100% on PED's. Just like every fighter, but I finally took the time to read the specifics of what happened:

He tested positive for Turinabol. Turinabol is a cheap oral steroid, like $70 cheap which works like Anavar. It's a strength builder that happens slowly over time. There is absolutely no reason to take post weigh in. At all... It would literally do nothing.

Just think about this for one second: Here is a man who popped for PED's. Faced a huge ban, and now has popped for oral Turinabol post weigh in... This makes zero sense.

He wouldn't even be taking Turinabol period. It is one of the cheapest and most detectable PED's. It's half life is days. He has a post fight drug test. The moment he pops the pill he knows with 100% certainty he's failing the post fight drug test let alone any post weigh in tests.

I know there is a lot of people who don't know what Turinabol is or how PED's work, but no athlete would be taking PED's right before competition. Their benefits come during training camp. The only thing any fighter would ever pop for post weigh in are diuretics to help with a cut.

Not a Jones fan here, just pointing something out. There is literally no reason anyone would take Turinabol post weigh in. Something fishy here.

This needs to develop more because the details are quite perplexing. Not like the JDS case, say, which is just textbook masking and loophole exploiting.

But to say Jones was 'set-up' is, well, no less unbelievable.

By whom? Cormier? Donald Trump? The 'haters'? It makes no sense.

Your defense is Jon would have to be stupid?

I don't know enough about the drug to make an informed retort , could it be that one is easier to mask than another ? Or that you could reasonably cycle off one quicker than another in hopes that you don't get popped ? Legitimate questions on my part here .
No. You couldn't cycle off Turinabol. Even during camp, knowing you are going to be tested, once you pop, you have days of being vulnerable. It would be suicide to take this pill.

I have no idea what happened, but I would hazard a guess people know Jon is on PED's, know he isn't getting caught and did something to make him pop.

I really cannot convey how bizarre this is. Not just the fact that this is a $70 stone age pill. Not just the fact that it has a half life which guarantee's he pops. Not just the fact that it wouldn't do anything. Not just the fact that he's post weigh in...
What you described would be good to use to frame someone... except for the nonsense reason someone would actually use it to try to benefit from it immediately.

Back