• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jon Jones' Advisor Meeting With UFC To Negotiate Heavyweight Title Fight - With Or Without Ngannou

I really hope negotiations fall through, so Jones crawls back under the cage he has been hiding under for the past 2 years.

I said this before, but Jones doesn't want to fight against Ngannou, If Stipe would have won the rematch he would be all over that fight.

lmao@anyone that still gets their hopes up for this

Jon has been "gearing up" (lol, get it....?) for his long awaited move to HW for literally a decade
He’s been gearing up for a heavy weight for three years and stated he was going to take his time making the move. Which is the smart thing to do. This is the first time we’re actually approaching contract negotiations. Progress is being made.

<JonesLaugh>
That’s a great summation

“The priority was always another belt”

But, not the belt around Big Franks waist
{<jordan}
lmao, are we really doing this? acting like francis is the reason?

has no one else been around for the countless times he lied about fighting stipe? he called stipe out on twitter and stipe accepted the same day.

then jones signed to fight thiago santos.

its not francis. jones doesnt want smoke up there with the best guys, period.

frank is very beatable for jones anyway.

He’s been gearing up for a heavy weight for three years and stated he was going to take his time making the move. Which is the smart thing to do. This is the first time we’re actually approaching contract negotiations. Progress is being made.
Who the fuck is "we" you shill?

Jones refused to fight DC at Heavyweight for a "Super Fight" because DC wouldn't have had to weight cut and would of had more power. Pretty much a direct quote from Jons own mouth.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/05/jon-jones-will-not-fight-daniel-cormier-at-heavyweight
So why not make it a heavyweight fight? Well, as it turns out, it’s not just Cormier who isn’t interested in that.

“I’m a realist,” Jones said. “Daniel Cormier is a special athlete and anyone can be beat. I think my greatest chance of losing would be to a guy like Daniel Cormier. We’d be giving him a power and strength advantage over me; it just doesn’t make sense.

“Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist – and being respectful of Daniel’s abilities.”

That alone sums up Jon and any potential fight at HW unless they are able to get a very favourable matchup.

Jon is just peen waiving and trying to stay relevant when ever it "Suits" him. <seedat>

"Ill only fight at HW for the right matchup..those guys are too big."

The mans own words. He is not fighting at HW unless he somehow gets a TS against a bottom tier HW, or Dana budges and gives him 20+ million to fight an elite HW

UFC is to blame for the inactivity.

If GSP can walk away at the top, sit for years and walk right back in and earn MORE than if he stayed active, why wouldn’t guys like Khabib and Jones think they can earn more and work less just like him?

"Ill only fight at HW for the right matchup..those guys are too big."

The mans own words. He is not fighting at HW unless he somehow gets a TS against a bottom tier HW, or Dana budges and gives him 20+ million to fight an elite HW
So are you angry because he is trying to negotiate a favorable matchup for himself?

didn’t GSP wait until fucking Bisping was champion before moving up?

Isn’t Ngannou out for like 9 months ?

Jon is making a contract to fight the mother of his children in a cage instead of a hotel room

https://www.mmamania.com/2022/1/28/...-heavyweight-title-fight-francis-ngannou-espn

Francis Ngannou’s contract dispute with UFC has been the subject of many headlines, particularly in the build up to UFC 270, which saw “The Predator” handle Ciryl Gane and unify the Heavyweight title. Ngannou is set to undergo knee surgery, but it remains to be seen if the Cameroonian athlete and the promotion can come to terms by the time he’s healthy.

Otherwise, Ngannou may be off to greener pastures.

Somewhat lost in the multitude of Ngannou vs. UFC news is that he’s not the only Heavyweight stuck in negotiations with the promotion! Prior to Gane’s interim title and shot at the undisputed crown, Jon Jones vs. Francis Ngannou was one of the most highly requested fights to make. Unfortunately, negotiations between Jones and UFC also soured, resulting in Jones taking his current hiatus to prepare and bulk up.

Jones’ trouble at his UFC Hall of Fame induction certainly didn’t help expedite the process.

Fortunately, things may be starting to progress. Richard Schaefer, former Golden Boy Promotions CEO, represents Jones, and he’ll be meeting with UFC brass this weekend in the hopes of making a deal for the Heavyweight title.

“He is willing, ready and able to fight whoever we can get for the heavyweight title,” Schaefer said (via The Sun). “The reason why I just don’t say Francis Ngannou; I’d love to put together a Francis Ngannou fight and I’m in conversations with the UFC. And as a matter of fact, I’m going to be meeting with them this weekend here in Los Angeles.”

As Schaefer said, Jones’ main priority is the belt rather than Ngannou himself. Perhaps that opens the door for an interim title, but the fight to make is still absolutely Jones vs. Ngannou for the undisputed crown at the end of the year. Unfortunately, the promotion still has a pair of difficult negotiations to reconcile if that fight is to happen.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

means nothing. he could of done this 2 years ago. jon just being a diva and i cant wait to see what he says when there no deal cause the ufc already has him fighting on a current contract that he willingly signed.

Back